May 26, 2018

Celebrating Memorial Day.......

Remembering those who sacrificed for all of us.....

My Dad is buried in the National Cemetery in Ft Sam Houston, in San Antonio.  I've visited the National Cemetery in Santa Fe, it's quite interesting if you're ever in the area.  It's a bit overwhelming to go to one, it really hits home when you see all of the headstones.  They are not forgotten as long as they live in our memories.......
********************************************************

We aren't doing much this weekend, other than a barbecue.  Might need some valium for the dog though, as folks around here seem to enjoy shooting off fireworks for any reason.  Not sure how much sleep we'll get Monday night, and of course I have work on Tuesday morning.  I'll be taking coffee on the way to work instead of waiting until I get there, haha.

We actually had rain !! the first we've had in months.  I was visiting a friend, and we were sitting out on her patio when a few sprinkles began to fall, the rain became heavier along with hail....this is when we booked it back into the house.  The hail started small at pea sized and moved up to marble sized....this is a picture of her hammock, but it was warm and by the time I took the picture some had melted...


The next day, taking a walk at lunchtime......

Typical weather in Albuquerque.....

Enjoy your weekend!  

Love, 365




2 comments:

  1. Hailstorms freak me out. I don't know why.
    There's a place up the road where they put out thousands of flags every year. It's a sobering sight. And it stirs my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sobering to visit a National Cemetery....so very many. I haven't been to the Vietnam Memorial, but it is on my bucket list.

      Hail storms are just so freaking LOUD. I've had more than one vehicle that was damaged by it. There's really nothing worse than being in it while it's happening.

      Delete

False spring is over.....

  I took this photo of a ranunculus I bought a few days before.  They are such beautiful flowers ~ so delicate and brightly colored.  I don&...