October 21, 2018

Trying something new......

Mosaic in St George Greek Orthodox Church

Before I get going here, I want to say that it is not my intention to suddenly be all holy and preachy.  This is something I'm doing for me.   Romeo isn't interested, and likely won't be.   And I don't really know how to explain my interest in Orthodoxy.  It is rather the culmination of many things over years and years.  Some of the history of religion classes steered me one way, but much of it like I said, accumulated.  

I sat here for 10 minutes trying to figure out a way to explain it.  I just can't.

The service was long.  It's a good thing I took 1/2 of one of my anxiety meds.  The last thing I wanted was to feel sick or get a migraine.  I was almost late.  But apparently coming at a certain time isn't a big deal at this church. I arrived at 9am, but there was a steady stream that came in dribs and dabs until about 10 or so.  And it was long.  It ended at 11.  I didn't really notice because it was all new and unfamiliar.  

In so many ways it was mystical.  The incense, the singing....well I didn't participate much because I didn't know about the book that takes you through the service.  I met Abbey, who was standing next to me and asked if I were "new".  And I left feeling that I might be home.  

Love, 365

3 comments:

  1. When I visit a Catholic church, I find the pomp and ceremony to be sort of silly, yet spiritual and comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your post good blog on site,Thanks for your sharing.

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...