February 25, 2019

This is no way to spend a day off.........

This cartoon is a complete description of my life......

I have only just finished writing my essay.  I started it on Saturday, made a bit of progress on Sunday, and then spent the entire day today ~ with the expected interruptions of laundry, bed making and sustenance like lunch and dinner ~ finishing it.  

This is what I do.  I receive an assignment and then procrastinate.  The result is that I get it done, but not without gnashing of teeth, and wondering if I should call in sick the next day as I keep hitting road blocks.  Or writers block.  

At least I don't have to take a vacation day to finish it.  

I don't do this when I have exams, so I perplex myself on why I do it with writing assignments.  In some respects I think my writing somewhat improves when the deadline is looming.  But I think that the real reason I've procrastinated this time is that I have problems understanding what this instructor wants.  She's made some improvements, but it will take some time for her to be clear in her presentations.  Oh well.  It's done.  I just wanted to crow about it a little......

Love, 365

10 comments:

  1. I do my best writing when I MUST get something written, whether an assignment (took a writing class or two) or for work.

    Glad you're done with yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get a good grade on it and nothing wrong with crowing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do my best work when I procrastinate and then feel the pressure to get it done.
    I'm sure you did well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how well it went, but it's done. I re-wrote my thesis statement and managed to send it just before the deadline. Sheesh.

      Delete
  4. I tried to leave a comment this morning, but for some reason it did't post. Blogger is doing some wacky things.
    I gave some sage advice that I learned in graduate school. I don't remember what I said. This I know for sure, I had a mini term where I had to read five book. One of them was Grapes of Wrath. I had NO time to procrastinate.
    I'm not sure if that's what the instructor was trying to teach, but it was the most important thing I learned in that class.
    Sit down. Write one sentence. Then another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. **I have had the same issue on comments, but only when I'm using Safari. Weird.

      With most everythincouple more weekg else I prepare in advance. It's only the writing that I seem to procrastinate on. But I will happily take the advice of a writer!

      Delete
  5. Glad you are all done and hope you get a great grade. I haven't been in school in almost 20 years now so I can't even remember what kind of habits I had when it came to my homework but I am guessing I probably was a lot like you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I should have gone to school 20 (or more) years ago when I had a lower bullshit meter.......

      Delete

Spring has sprung, let the gardening begin....

  This show of blooms was just the beginning! Of course they smell amazing, and all the pollinators think so too. Windows and back door open...