July 12, 2019

Lesson learned.....

Anyone else notice the ridiculous proliferation of Facebook ads?

Yeah, me too.  And I fell for one......an online clothing company called "Chicpopo".  I saw a few items I thought looked like fun and ordered a few things.  

If you go to their home page, and hit "contact us" this is what you see....

I know it's hard to read, but it gives you an address in the U.K.  When you go to pay, you see this:


This is a company from China.  

I ordered anyway, ignoring the voice in my head warning me not to do it.  First of all it took FOREVER.  I believe my items arrived 8 to 10 weeks after I ordered.  And when they did come the quality was subpar, and one of the items seemed to be missing something.  Returns are nearly impossible.  Can you imagine how much it would cost to return an item or two?  

I did email them (over and over before I received a response), and they finally agreed to refund me 20% of the item that didn't look anything like the item I ordered.  

And I failed to do the most basic of all ~ look for reviews like this one:

Yes, it is a total scam.  

After this experience I have made a habit of blocking all the ads I see on Facebook ~ and it worked!  I rarely see one anymore, although I'm sure in time some will start creeping in again.  

Just goes to show you that you should listen to that little voice saying DON'T!  I feel like a total idiot for ignoring it.  Sheesh.

Love, 365


4 comments:

  1. I just wrote a long reply and list it dammit.
    We ordered something from an Instagram ad. Total scam. Looked at the comments only afterwards . Never again. You're think we'd all know but I guess a bargain is just too enticing.
    I sent email after email after email and in the beginning I got replies saying they would refund my money then just automated replies in Chinese.
    You gotta get ripped off before you learn. Dammit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I wish I could say this was my first time making this kind of mistake :-)
      Now I go directly to Amazon to see if they have it, see what the reviews are, and then decide, although many times I don't order through Amazon (I know, weird, huh?). I will check in the future to make sure it's not coming from China, because their products don't have a good reputation.

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...