August 3, 2019

3 freaking days........




Last Sunday I sold the 2002 Rodeo to my co-worker.  She had known for over a month that I planned to sell it when I was ready to buy a replacement.  Actually, I had mentioned that I would trade it in because I know it has some mechanical issues despite the maintenance and repair we heaped on it over the past 17-18 years.  But she offered to buy it.  We agreed on a price.  All I had to do was decide when.  Two weeks ago on a Monday I told her that I would be dropping the price on the Rodeo because it was making a new noise.  I took $600 off the price.  She drove it at lunch, and said she was still interested in buying it.  So, last Sunday after I bought the Rav4, she and her boyfriend came buy and bought the Rodeo & drove it off.  On Wednesday last week she told me they had to tow it to a shop.

I felt really bad.  To be fair, I texted her on Saturday and explained that if she had cold feet, or had changed her mind and didn't know how to back out of it, I had an offer from my neighbor across the street.  Not for her, but her boyfriend wanted it (and he doesn't live with her, so I wouldn't see him often).  But she insisted they wanted it, so there you go.  I shouldn't feel bad, I was upfront with her about everything, but I still do.

I am thoroughly enjoying my new ride.  It feels so ~ reliable.  Cool with the a/c.  It's been great using the phone hands free.  I'm getting hang of parking it too.  
 *******************************************************
Now for the photos of our beautiful state ~ these were all taken here in New Mexico.  I don't have the photographers names except for one, but all have taken some beautiful photos......

 It is not unusual to view a cloudburst like this over the mesa.....

These are rare, but I've seen one before ~ the "Halo Rainbow"

We've had a lot of storms lately.....But wow, this is cool.



Night time Albuquerque from Sandia Peak by DL Photography505
Amazing & beautiful!

Now for funny:

 
A funny meme for my daughter in law....my grandson is two weeks old now.....
 
Have a wonderful weekend....I need to get a few things done while my bread is rising....

Love, 365


7 comments:

  1. I would feel bad, too. Somehow responsible. But it's really not your fault. You hid nothing from her, even lowered the price.

    The photos of the scenery are gorgeous.

    And the baby photo collage made me laugh. I'm a LONG way out from having had small people, but I sooooo remember!

    Have a lovely weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have sort of gotten over the Rodeo thing. I figure I did all I could do. Gave her an out. Now, I can move on.....
      The scenery here is amazing. It's one of the reasons so many artists come here to paint.
      And yeah, when I saw the baby collage, it immediately reminded me of when I had those tiny people in my care. It wasn't all unicorns and rainbows, but what is? Lol.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you were completely upfront about the vehicle - guilt be gone! I love my (used) Rav 4 and I hope you enjoy yours as well! Those pictures are beautiful. I laughed about the baby meme. I remember the days when I would literally be lifting a first fork to my mouth and the cry would happen! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really enjoying the Rav. I have a cargo cover coming tomorrow, I can't for the life of me understand why they don't provide a place to put purchases out of sight.

      Delete
  3. As I recall, that meme is spot on.

    I would not like selling my old car to a friend. I had success with one of those car buyer places. Fair price and then it was out of my hands for good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, she is not really a friend, but a co-worker. And she is a very nice person who likely won't give me current updates on what's going on....I hope. Believe me, I thought about it.

      Delete
  4. You are so brave to have sold that to someone you know. I will never ever do that. I know it will bite me in the ass. As I read this I was thinking, oh no, she wants to back out. But she didn't so that is good!! I love your hands free phone and a/c. I have an older car and while I don't need a new one I'd like one. I want hands free phone and sirius built into the dash not a radio sitting on top of my dash along with my gps on the dash instead of built in. You get the picture of my 12 yr old toyota.

    ReplyDelete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...