August 25, 2019

When the Universe has a bad day.....

Sandia Crest view .... I took this one!

On nearly the same day that Romeo and I had our spat (see previous post) I discovered that my brother in law fell off a ladder, breaking both the tibia and fibula.  He was cutting down a limb that was overhanging the roof, since they are getting a new roof soon.  As the limb fell, it knocked over the ladder, he tried to jump free but didn't make it.  He had emergency surgery to stabilize his leg, and is at home now until the surgery to repair the leg next Friday.  But he is not doing well with the pain ~ I will spare you the picture my sister send of the stabilizing bar attached to his leg.  Not pretty.  

For that reason, I postponed my trip to Texas for a month.  Since I stay with my sister the majority of the time, and since she had planned to go to Round Rock with me to meet my new grandson, it just seemed prudent.  I was bummed to put off my trip, but now I just hope that BIL (brother in law) is sufficiently ok by the time I get there.  But the overwhelming evidence points to him having a long rehab in front of him.  I just hope he doesn't have permanent damage.   If you pray, please keep him in mind.  

Another beautiful spot on the crest of the Sandia Mountains....

Romeo and I took the dog to the crest this Saturday, and enjoyed a beautiful hike.  It was really just what we needed to break free of the lingering resentments of Thursday night.  We shared a burger at the new restaurant ~ which took almost 4 years to accomplish.  Demolition of the 60s era restaurant, to the new $7.5 mil restaurant that replaced it.  Remember that ALL construction materials were brought up on the tram, because there are no roads leading to the area.  So a goodly portion of that money was likely spent transporting the materials up the mountain.  It is beautiful though ~ shouldn't it be for that much cash?  Holy cow.  They don't have an area for people with dogs to eat, so we grabbed a small table outside designated for smokers ~ luckily there wasn't anyone smoking out there ~ and the burger and fries we shared was delicious.  I think we'll reserve dinner for our anniversary, it should be worthy of our 40th year of marriage.

Well, I've got to get busy on baking some cookies to take to my Orthodoxy class that wraps up this coming Tuesday.  It will be nice to have my Tuesdays free once again!  

I hope all of you have a great week ahead.  Fingers crossed on the insurance adjuster.....

Love, 365

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...