August 17, 2019

Resistance......



How great it is to wake up on Saturday morning with no alarms....and few plans.  My first loaf of bread is in the oven ~ it didn't quite rise as much as I expected the first 20 minutes, but it will be tasty.  I still struggle with the intricacies of artisan baking ~ I guess I need to watch a few more you tube videos....the struggle is to find the right one.   ***Oh, yeah, I forgot to preheat the dutch oven, which probably accounts for the lack in rising.  =sigh=  The second one was over-proofed (while I'm waiting on the first loaf to finish cooking because I only have one dutch oven.  Still tastes good, but I want it to look a certain way....it's all in the details, in an OCD sort of way. 

Today is my oldest sons birthday.  It is days like this that I wish I lived in Texas.  Watched a video that his wife filmed while they all threw water balloons at each other, which is a tradition his Dad started.  It's hard not to be jealous.  I could solve the problem by moving there.  Only problem is, I don't want to put up with their weather, and I would miss the desert and the mountains.  He has his own life....I just wish I could be more of a part of it.  

Well, I need to do other things other than sit here and feel regretful!  I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend....

Love, 365


2 comments:

  1. I miss my kids.
    I know they're happy, and that's a good thing.
    But I'd like to be with them more.

    I have a bread machine that I don't even use. That's the closest I get to baking bread. And right now, I'm trying to pay attention to what I eat, so I'm not even baking anything.

    YouTube drives me nuts. Stupid little tunes played over and over and over and taking 10 minutes to tell a 2 minute story. I speed up the videos to 2, unfortunately the fastest they can go, and mute the noise. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the boys are doing well, and that is a good thing. It's hard seeing them only once per year though. Which is about as often as I can get out there. It is a 13 hour drive, and after the last time we did that, I don't have any desire to do it again.

      Actually, you tube is pretty handy for things like making artisan bread. You can see how to do it and see how the dough should look. I only watch the videos I'm looking for....although I do like the funny dog/cat videos. :-)

      Delete

False spring is over.....

  I took this photo of a ranunculus I bought a few days before.  They are such beautiful flowers ~ so delicate and brightly colored.  I don&...