December 25, 2019

Merry Christmas everyone!

Wow, it's been sooooo long since I've posted anything!  Here is the handy list of excuses....

~I've been busy with shopping for the holidays and baking too many cookies...
~When I sit down to write, something comes up and I end up not finishing....
~I've been working too much......co-workers are taking off time they can't carry-over......
~I fell and I can't get up.....

The past week has been crazy and hectic, but I suppose many of you have experienced the same.  We had such a nice Christmas ~ not in the way of gifts, but just the way the day went, you know?  We didn't irritate each other, the small gifts were thoughtful, the Louisiana gumbo was great.  I also had a banner day in bread baking.  Even though the ugly loaves taste just as good as the great looking loaves, it's really great when they turn out pretty.





Merry Christmas!
Love, 365

7 comments:

  1. I admire people who understand bread baking>
    Looks yummy. Speaking of yummy, the man baked some chicken, made some rice and I had homemade (okay Rhode's frozen) dinner rolls.

    It was a calm day here. No children at home, didn't go anywhere. I'm not sad or depressed, though, it's just Christmas for adults. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, adult Christmas is generally a much more quiet affair. Ours was quiet in between the calls back and forth from family. There's nothing wrong with frozen rolls, they are fresh baked and that's the great part!

      Delete
  2. Louisiana gumbo, that's something I'd like to try....in Louisiana!
    Simple is best we found this Xmas. Easier and tastier.
    All the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was born in Louisiana, and while living there a lady my Mom was friends with gave her some tips on making gumbo. It became one of her favorite things to cook on New Year's. Seriously, I'd weight over 400 lbs if we lived in Louisiana, the food is fabulous.

      Delete
  3. That bread is beautiful and I bet it tastes even better!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is good, with a nice spread of butter on it. I'll post a picture of the cookbook, you won't believe how easy it is.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...