March 18, 2020

Our undiscovered country......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fOqE8ToGEY

If you haven't seen this video, & it doesn't play, just download the address.  Go ahead, I'll wait....hahaha.

Apparently this is the work of someone who has been in self quarantine for a couple of hours.  

I, unfortunately am not that creative.  I've been reading blogs and walking on my treadmill ~ I have a self imposed goal of walking on it at least twice for 30 minutes today, and going with Romeo to walk the dog.  Who is happy that everyone is home, and can take her on multiple walks a day.  I wasn't quite ready at the first one, but we'll go out around 2 pm or so for another.  

Yesterday, at the morning staff meeting, we were informed that our office is "closed"/"open".  We have cancelled all hygiene appointments and all non-essential dental treatment.  But the doctors are there, doing crowns and root canals and extractions.  Today the doctor I work for didn't really have enough treatment to warrant going in, so we're off until Tuesday.  We moved a lot of essential treatment to yesterday, which had us there until 6 pm.  We have patients scheduled for Tuesday, where we will work on the schedule for the rest of the week, answer phones and see emergency patients.  The other dentist is there today, and one of my co-workers texted me that one of their patients wasn't feeling well, and had recently traveled to New York.  Sheesh.  I don't know if they worked on her or not, but they should have given her a mask and sent her home.  I hope that's what they did.  

It isn't easy to make a 24 hour transition from utter chaos to practically nothing to do.  I certainly don't want to sit and watch tv all day.  I've lost a tiny bit of weight on my diet & exersize program and I don't want to gain it all back on my first day of self imposed exile from the world!  

On Monday I paused our gym membership ~ I hear they are going to close anyway ~ which was a hard decision to make.  Here I am, I have plenty of time to really hit it at the gym....but I'm not going.  They don't provide anti-microbial wipes, they are only for "cleaning".  They do offer hand sanitizer, but it's really just too much to expose myself to.  Most of my racquetball friends are still going.  To each their own, right?  But, Romeo is 70.  I don't want him to expose himself to that, nor do I.  I don't have enough vacation/personal leave time to get sick.  

Who knows if this two week shut down will be enough.  We may find ourselves shut down for longer.  I'll be registering for unemployment later today too, won't that be fun?

Take care and be safe. 
Love, 365

4 comments:

  1. I had seen that video on the book o' face this morning. Cracked me up. One reason I love the internet is that those creative people who have never had an audience have a potential audience of millions. Of course the downside is that same audience sometimes admires/listens to the wrong people.

    I need to start going for a walk every day that the weather is decent, which means I've missed two already this week. But I shower, put on clean pajamas and stay home, mostly.

    My school is closed until at least April 28th. My employer isn't providing care at most locations, unfortunately. So I'm not working.

    Eric still is, at least for now. He doesn't have contact with a lot of people. I am guessing his job will be shut down soon for a bit, though. Just a feeling.

    this is really awful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Ami, I hope you and Eric remain healthy and well. Take care ~ I really can't get through my week without reading your blog, (and then Peg's).

      I do enjoy the creativity of some, and deplore the rantings of others who couldn't find a ray of sunshine on a cloudless day.

      My eldest son is home until May 1 (he manages a bar) and my youngest is still working (diesel mechanic). My eldest son said he has planned for something like this, so that he is OK. My youngest lives with my eldest (there's a casita (a New Mexico word for a place for the mother-in-law) so at least he won't be without company, since he's single.

      It is really awful. It's funny how sometimes I feel just plain bored, and at other times anxious and worried.

      Delete
  2. Did you see Jimmy Fallon do his show from his vacation home? His kids kept running in and annoying him. Anyway I canceled my crown appointment and they told me I didn't need to. Yes, I did. We have too many cases here and the area is very different from middle America. I am not having it done right now no matter how they begged, and they did. The other issue being money. No work for the self employed no money coming in so that $1500 is going to have to wait a bit. Try to enjoy your down time. We whine when we can't get it and now we have it and hate it. We are funny people aren't we? If you can watch TV, prime has a GREAT series I watch a couple years ago called The Big C. (cancer) Laura Linney and Oliver Platt are excellent in this. Just in case you wanted a new show to watch.It's funny, twisted, sad at time and very good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you cancelled your crown. If you can wait, I certainly would! Don't worry, there are lots of emergencies that will happen while we're isolated. I see them at work every Monday! Crowns come off, teeth break, abscesses happen. It is unlikely that this situation will close the business, unless they are already on the edge.

      I saw a bit of the Jimmy Fallon show on the Today show this morning, I loved that they allowed him to do it at home and his kids were delightful.

      I had to laugh when you talk about down time. Nearly every morning I would mutter to myself "I don't wanna go" and now that I can't go (to work), I wish I were there. I thought I was getting close to retiring, and now I realize I'm not ready.

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...