March 12, 2020

The shower and the *&H^%$# virus.....

No wine for me, but beer works!

All of my habits are nearly back to normal.  I can do my own hair.  I don't need the handicapped chair in the shower anymore.  I still need the shower brush (wow, my back doesn't itch anymore, those are wonderful), and the handy little paddle for putting lotion on my back.  

But ever since my accident, I've been showering in the evening.  Mostly it was a necessity because it took too long, and I didn't want to have to get up that early.  This morning was the first time I showered in the morning since January 8th.  Last night my sister called and we chatted so long I decided to go for it in the morning.  

In retrospect, it was probably not a good idea to take my first morning shower the week after the time change....I could barely get myself out of bed.  Plus, I think I've become accustomed to that extra half hour of sleep.  The other coincidence was that I had my physical yesterday, where they gave me a pneumonia vaccine shot.  In the other arm of course, which was also a mistake.  Now both arms hurt to put pressure on, and I didn't really feel so hot.  

But I am now a firm believer in evening showers.  It's worth it for the extra 1/2 hour of snooze time. :-)
****************************
I have reached maximum saturation on news reports on the Covid 19 virus.  Although I appreciate the updates on a purely planning level ~ for instance I am putting off my Texas trip until things have settled down, unless our office is shut down for a week or so..then we'll just drive there ~ the hysteria that is occurring because of it is simply another example of how reactive people are.  Stupidly.  A couple of people in my office have gone to lengths to go out and buy those things that are flying off the shelves.  Not that they need them, but simply because everyone else is doing it.  Sigh.  

Be safe.
Love, 365

8 comments:

  1. So good to hear you're back to doing your hair etc. That has to feel great on all levels!
    I sincerely need TP so I'm going out today to do some grocery shopping. I do not wish to stock pile it, I just need some TP. This ought to be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Peg! I certainly hope you find some! On my trip to Costco yesterday, the place where they put the TP was totally empty. Maybe you can borrow from your neighbor who went to Costco, or Sams (or any of those warehouse stores) and bought all their stock.

      Delete
  2. Prayers for your healing,
    My wife asked me why people are going so crazy about the Wuhan Virus and yet not only do they not panic about the flu which kills 10K a year, only about half of Americans bother to get a flu shot that is readily available and is advertised and promoted all over the place...

    I said the main reason is that everyone Knows what the flu feels like, because we have all had it...No one knows what Corona19 feels like and with the media beating the panic button with a sledgehammer we see the results. Soon we will have a vaccine, and hopefully people will avail themselves of that rather than run around like lobotomized chickens.

    MSG Grumpy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, according to the scientists that are working on the vaccine, it will take about a year to develop it. But I agree with all you say....

      Delete
  3. Glad you are all healed up and have discovered the awesomeness of evening showers. I take them as well because I don't want to fight over the hot water with the wife. Take care and I am with your about the coronavirus craziness. People are nuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yeah we ladies tend to take much longer showers. Personally, it's probably the one space where I just luxuriate in the process. Especially since now we need to add exfoliation, since shorts season is just around the corner!

      Delete
  4. I take (or took) most of my showers are the gym. But a few years ago, I ruptured my quad tendon. Showers were very difficult and only taken a few times a week--it was not pleasant, not of it was pleasant...

    www.thepulpitandthepen.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so great to return to the normal routine, but evening showers are the best. I'd thought about it before, but thought that the morning shower was best for waking me up, but I like that extra sleep so much more.
      Thanks for stopping in!

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...