March 19, 2020

Governmental agencies that make isolation even more aggravating.....

Sioux, and the black blob is Brodie.......

Hello friends!  Well, I've just had all kinds of fun today.  Actually, part of it was fun, we took Sioux out for a walk....but it was colder than I anticipated so we only went out for about a mile or so.  My hands were both sweaty and cold, it was odd.  She does love to go out, Romeo made her a super long leash that lets her run (albeit in circles kind of like a horse running in a corral).  After that I ate some avocado toast, which I love and is a good thing because right now we have 8 avocados that need to be eaten.  I have the sourdough starter refreshing to make bread tomorrow, because what we have will be gone later today.  

I think I mentioned before how thankful I was that my medicare insurance started on January 1, and 7 days later I fell playing racquetball and broke my left arm.  What I didn't know until December was that I need to pay for Part B, which comes to about $144 a month.  Which is sure cheaper than any other insurance I could get!  But why they want me to pay 3 months in advance is a mystery to me.  I'm sure it's to make things easier for them.  At any rate, I called them on Wednesday to discuss setting up "easy pay" so that they will simply deduct it from my account on a monthly basis.  But.  And there's always a but!  I will still be required to pay the 3 months premium in order to set up easy pay.  The rep I spoke to said she couldn't recommend I pay one month at a time, but she didn't say I couldn't.  So, after much deliberation (due to the uncertainty of finances at this time) I decided I would just pay one month at a time, making certain it is there by the 20th.  Well, except for this time, which gets there on the 25th.  Why do they have to add anxiety when we are all already experiencing so much apprehension?  I guess that's the government for ya.  

I also decided I would work on applying for unemployment, as apparently they are allowing us to file if our hours have been cut due to COVID-19.  The last time I was on their website was over 5 years ago.  I had deleted (drat!) my login/password about a year ago from my password program, thinking I wouldn't be needing it again.  So I figured I would create a new account, but NO they won't let you do that.  To get help with that I have to call them ~ the last 3 times I tried to call they were/are/will be so busy they tell me to call back later.  Who knows how long it will take me to get through.....

So, other than doing a little walking on the treadmill and some reading, and occasionally calling  the unemployment office, I guess I'm done with productivity until tomorrow.

Don't forget to check on the people around you!
Love, 365

6 comments:

  1. If they could sell red tape government would not have a deficit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are able to get through to the office and get everything squared away. We are definitely living in some strange times right now. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't able to get through on Thursday or Friday. There's nothing for it but to call as soon as they open on Monday ~ although I did send an e-mail...so maybe?

      Delete
  3. That sounds so frustrating. Hope you get signed on for unemployment. I’m not sure if my part time job at the paper will continue or not. I guess I will find out this coming week.
    We will
    All get through this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very disconcerting right now.....I will get signed on eventually. I am one of those women who refuses to give up. If you can do your job at home, you should be ok. It is tough to be home with nothing but cleaning and organizing to fill the day.

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...