August 7, 2020

This and that and in between......

I think I mentioned that my employer requires that we stay home for 5 days & if we remain symptom free, we can return to work.  I have enjoyed it, I must say.  I don't really feel too bad for my co-workers who are probably working their asses off, I've already done that for two of them.  The way I see it, it was "my turn".  But I figured I would file for unemployment for this week, since it wasn't my choice, and you can't get a test unless you have symptoms.  It won't be much $$, but it will still help!  Hope I don't have any problems.......

Just found out that there are (again) two residents of the assisted living facility where Mom is at that tested positive.  They had just "enjoyed" about 10 days off of lock down, and now they are back in it.  I think this is going to continue to happen, sadly.  Because in Texas, no one tells you what to do.  Actually, that's really true everywhere.  People are stupid.  And apparently feel invincible.  So many that don't consider that that person you're visiting without a mask doesn't realize they have Covid, because they don't have any symptoms.  

During the shelter-in-place order, lots of people who had an interest in bread baking suddenly discovered they have lots of time on their hands and decided to explore sourdough baking.  I've been doing it for years, but I noticed this Facebook page called Perfect Sourdough.  It both inspires and annoys me.  Here's why:

Actual photos from the FB page.  Decorations gone mad.  It's obviously more about how pretty you can make it instead of how delicious it is.  And yeah, I'm a tad bit jealous.

Then bakery owners have to get their two cents in.....I kinda like the flower design....

Blue pea flower?  I just don't get it.  Is that a flour?  Or does one grind up the flowers and add it to the dough?  Why would I want bread that is blue?  

Oh, I get it.  Lol.  

Don't get me wrong, I see posts of mistakes too.  One spectacular fail was bread that was in the oven for 6 or 7 hours and looked like bricks.  That one was a good chuckle, and others ask, what did I do wrong?  I am enjoying the posts so far.  All I have to do is unfollow and remove the irritation.  But I have seen some really great tips that I've experimented with.

Friday. 😒 So, after this weekend, it's back to work.  I suppose I'm ready.

Love, 365


5 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I don't think your bread should be blue. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding novel ways to bake sourdough has apparently become a thing. I've seen pink, red, dark blue....from all sorts of vegetables. I just don't get the blue pea flower.

      Delete
  2. I'm keeping my starter going but have given up on baking. Too hot.
    I might go and have a look at your site though. The comments sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great site if you want new recipes, tips for oven rise, etc. But wow, some of these people just go nuts!

      Delete
  3. Love the meme!
    I don't get the political_izing of this pandemic. Other countries are not doing this. Hmmm....could it be because they have leaders? Do you know New Zealand hasn't had another case in over 100 days? Yeah a female leader. Locked down and done right. We americans are wussies

    ReplyDelete

False spring is over.....

  I took this photo of a ranunculus I bought a few days before.  They are such beautiful flowers ~ so delicate and brightly colored.  I don&...