November 25, 2020

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!


I have lots to do ~ but mostly just preparation today.  Tomorrow the house will smell wonderful.  Even though I was initially unhappy that Romeo bought such a big bird (16 lbs), I have embraced the dinosaur turkey he brought home.  Apparently smaller turkeys were much more popular this year due to fewer family and friends around the table this year.  Here in our house, it will be the same turkey day we've had for the past 4 years since our youngest son moved back to Texas.  Romeo and I and the ever faithful dog, sharing and laughing, and calling all of the family to stay in touch.

Given the surge in Covid cases, you would think everyone would get the message, but no.  They had a video of our airport, and it was both a surprise, and not a surprise .....  right?  Ms Loud has admitted that the virus is more contagious, but she still thinks masks are a waste of time, and if you do get the virus, you'll be over it in a coupla days, no problemo!  This is partly due to her daughter becoming infected (she is an EMT, has high exposure rates) but not really becoming very sick from it.  One of the reasons she is now more convinced than ever that masks are useless is due to the fact that her daughter always wears a mask.  She and her uncle are going to her sister's house for Thanksgiving, where there will no doubt be at least 10 people.  I will be keeping my distance from her next week. 

Luckily my pie is already done, and it won't be quite as good as it would be if I baked it tomorrow, it's one more thing I don't have to do today!

Stay safe y'all!  Be thankful for all the blessings ~ isn't that what this holiday is all about?  

Love, 365

6 comments:

  1. There's a freshly baked pumpkin pie on my countertop, courtesy of Judy's pre-prep for tomorrow. Also a tray of sweet potato medallions. I just tasted one. They're gonna go great with our Cornish game hens. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Romeo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My sister went with Cornish hens too. I decided I will do something new next year, as I didn't have a lot of luck with the turkey yesterday. It wasn't bad, just a tad dry. Hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  2. We are heading to SIL where the herd has been culled from 20 down to 10. Just as well.

    I am making creamed peas and pearl onions and Mexican Corn casserole. Can do it tomorrow a.m. Your dishes sound amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you and your family had a wonderful day together!

      Delete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving. You'll be enjoying that turkey for a while me thinks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yes we froze three packages yesterday evening. We waited until 7 to clean up and put away, after we had taken the tryptophan nap, haha.

      Delete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...