November 27, 2020

Thankful, but I'm making some changes for next year.......

 

Come on, Bluebird of happiness.....

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  We had a good time and stuffed ourselves with turkey and stuffing ~ despite the fact our turkey was a bit dry (because when I unwrapped it, it was still fairly frozen and I over cooked it).  This was the first time I made stuffing from scratch, because when I bake sourdough, we cube what ever is left of the bread from the week before and freeze it, so I had quite a bit to work with.  Why do I always make 3x amount of stuffing than we need???  Truth: I don't like previously frozen stuffing.  Romeo might eat it though.  But I'm not doing turkey and stuffing next year.  Perhaps homemade lasagna.  Or make pizza on the grill.  I think I'm done with turkey for a couple of years.

Unfortunately I have been having some issues with my left hip.  At first I thought I had pulled a muscle in my back, but I think it's the hip.  I'll have to discuss physical therapy treatment with my Doc, hoping I can strengthen it on my own.  I always take a lot of vitamin D, and I also know I have osteopenia ~ the dreaded precursor to osteoporosis.  

We spoke to the boys, and everyone is doing well.  My youngest had a negative Covid test (another thing to be thankful for!  His boss had been exposed, but prior to that knowledge he just wasn't feeling great.  It was probably just allergies, but we are all paranoid these days.  Mom is doing well, and my niece is in her final week ~ or days! ~ of her pregnancy.  It will be her first, and we are all very excited!  My sister made the tough decision not to go right now, she didn't want to put anyone at risk, but she is sad and disappointed.  For now she is planning on April, but will wait and see how things go.  

Well, I need to do a bit of black Friday shopping for my Grandkids.  I already bought a yard game for the family ~ yatzee.  It looks like a lot of fun.  When I visit in March, I hope we take in a game or two 😃

Love, 365


4 comments:

  1. Our Thanksgiving went well except for the one thing which I "cooked": Brussel sprouts in the toaster oven/air fryer. I followed the recipe faithfully and they were burnt to a crisp. I'm thankful that SWMBO didn't hit me with that internet expression: "You had ONE job . . ."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanksgiving is such a flurry of activity, when one thing doesn't work out, it's no big deal. Glad you didn't get the phrase or the look :-) BTW I love roasted brussel sprouts...yum

      Delete
  2. I thought of you and your turkey. Glad you got stuffed! It's what you're supposed to do lol I prefer the stuffing to the turkey . We usually stuff it inside the bird but I'm going to try baking it separately at Xmas
    Hope your hip doesn't cause you too much pain. Can you take it easy?
    Yatzee. Must Google that and see what it's all about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I like my stuffing crispy so I never put it in the turkey ~ good thing too, since I over roasted it :-(
      Yeah, I will do some of my own brand of therapy for a few weeks and then call. I really really don't want surgery. It's really just uncomfortable, and doesn't prevent me from doing things, but every now and then it sort of "fails" and I have to catch myself. I'm praying about it...
      Really, you don't have Yatzee? It was a staple in my Mom's house, every birthday, Thanksgiving, etc we would all sit around the table and play (after dishes were done, haha). It's quick and fun.

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...