September 23, 2021

Did too........did not........

 

On our way back home from Texas we stopped in Las Cruces to spend the night before continuing on.  Tired and hungry, I went online to order some food close to us and found this charming restaurant.  I ordered online, but something happened while ordering...they charged my card, but said the order wasn't completed.  Oh, and that they would refund me the 25.78 in a few days.  But that didn't happen.  I figured I would hear from them in a few days.  But I did not. 5 days later my Mom passed away, and all of this went to the back burner.

Well, recently I looked into it and I still haven't been refunded. So I called the restaurant, and the person who answered said that he saw the order, but that I had never been charged.  I disagreed.  "It's on my bank statement, two charges on the same day".  Still, he argued with me.  Now I'm getting mad.  And he's no longer listening, so I hang up.  And called my bank to dispute the charge.

If he hadn't been such a but head, I probably would have just let it drop....it's only about $26.  But he had to be a jerk, and that riles me up.  I did enjoy the food, but it wasn't worth $50.  Ugh.  I really don't need this kind of frustration right now.  

None of us know why a particular co-worker is having some sort of personal crisis, but she is not doing her job (meaning, leaving me to handle everything up front, which is more than a one person job).  I asked her yesterday "Is something wrong?", but all I got was a "no".  Today was a repeat of yesterday afternoon.  The OM helped me quite a bit.  Truthfully I was a bit bugged that she just let her do what she was doing (haha, which was not assisting at the front desk).  So, I guess what I'm learning from this is that if I'm in a crappy mood because of something, it's OK for me to not help anyone else.  There are normally 4 people at the front desk, but the last day and a half there have only been the two of us.

Maybe I'm just letting things get to me.  '

I'm too sensitive.  I've been told that many times.  I take things too personally.  I don't stand up for myself, etc.  I wish I didn't have to go in tomorrow.  Blech.  Retirement is sitting off in the distance waving me forward.

Love, 365

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with both of your problems.
    Why can't people just be polite and do what they're supposed to do. Not so hard, for most of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bank refunded me, but it is "to be determined". She said "keep your receipts!" ~ I don't have no receipt. Who keeps a receipt for a restaurant unless you have an expense account? Not me.
      This is kind of funny: the coworker comes in today and announces "I am no longer mad". She didn't say why she was mad, and I didn't ask. I thought that was funny.

      Delete
    2. Hah, it did not take long, the bank sent me a document stating the refund is permanent. What bugs is that I had to be the squeaky wheel. They should have just refunded it right away.

      Delete
  2. "I wish I didn't have to go in tomorrow"

    You and me both sista... but there is something to be said about taking a mental health day. Taking care of the mind is as important as taking care of the body. (((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete

False spring is over.....

  I took this photo of a ranunculus I bought a few days before.  They are such beautiful flowers ~ so delicate and brightly colored.  I don&...