September 17, 2021

Happy Friday to you all!............

 

Yesterday morning the sky was just beautiful.  I took this photo while walking to the office door before work.  

Well, friends!  It has been an interesting summer, no?  Full of all sorts of challenges ~ I would say ups and downs, but there really haven't been very many "ups".  Mostly it has been great losses, and huge frustrations.  Every time I think we're done with the downs, I discover there's more.  But, hey, I just can't sustain that kind of sadness for too long.  It's my nature to look at the sunny side of life.  I think I annoy people with my "silver lining" way of looking at things.  Could be worse, though, right?  

I have my moments ~ like the last post.  I stand by that too, I guess it is my failing that I cannot fathom why people persist in believing the vaccine is  ~  whatever it is they believe.  And for the reasons that most can't articulate, or maybe I'm too stupid to understand.  Could be both.  But whatever.  I am "over it" as they say, although I still have to deal with it at work.  

36 weeks.  That's what I have left before retirement.  It doesn't sound too long, does it!  There are two of us that will retire at the end of May.  I'm giving a good bit of notice, but the other person says she is only giving them a week.  I bet our OM will retire before I do.....that should make life interesting.

I am planning to obtain my passport.  I've never had one.  Truth is, I may get it and never use it.  But I want the opportunity to travel to Europe (no, I've never visited).  I lived in Japan as a child, and visited Canada, but that's pretty much it. 

Well, I hope you all have a great weekend!  

Love, 365

5 comments:

  1. You are counting the weeks and trust me, it will go quicker than you think! One of these days you’ll be saying you only have one week left! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that is a view on your way to work, you live in a great place. I like your observation about reasons most cannot articulate (and add perhaps cannot substantiate either). You seem to embody a living version of that creed for recovering addicts about strength to change what they can, courage to accept what you can't change and wisdom to know the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I would love to visit Greece! My friend Frossene said she has been to Poros, but I believe it was a long time ago. If I make it, I'm eating seafood :-)

    ReplyDelete

False spring is over.....

  I took this photo of a ranunculus I bought a few days before.  They are such beautiful flowers ~ so delicate and brightly colored.  I don&...