September 20, 2021

Monday, Monday......

 

I don't recall if I mentioned that I finally broke down and bought a new sewing machine.  I had never heard of Elna, which is a Swiss brand, which is manufactured in Taiwan.  Go figure.  Anyway, I previously had a really ancient Singer, that was once my Mom's.  And that machine was made from 1985-1988.  Translation: old, but the darn thing still works fairly well.  It does need a tune up, but that would probably cost $150 or so.  My sister, who is an accomplished sewer, suggested it was time for a new machine.  Romeo thought so too.  So, now I have a new machine and an old one that I need to give away.  I want to give it to someone who doesn't have one, and would like to have it for minor sewing projects.  It'll take a bit of investigation to find someone to give the old one to.  I  have it all, the bobbins, instruction booklet, accessories.  Oh, yeah, I need to look for those and package them up.

The funny part of all this was me trying to figure out how to do simple things, like fill a bobbin and use the fancy self-threading device, and how you're supposed to change the sewing foot.  I failed at all three before I took my basics class today.  Although I did finally get the sewing foot on successfully once.  :D  Now I have been instructed.  Hopefully I will remember how to do it next weekend.  Things have changed a lot in 33-35 years. 

I also had an ultrasound of my upper abdomen.  My doc wants to see if there's some issue with my kidneys that is causing the constant uti's.  I had also asked her if she thought my liver was enlarged, so they scanned it too.  I should hear something in 3-4 days.  Hopefully all is minor or negative.   Once you've had a cancer diagnosis, everything is possibly cancer.  Better not, dang it.  Better not.  As far as the liver is concerned, I can't blame it on drinking....I only have a driink a few times a year.  Romeo doesn't like to drink (alcoholic Mom), so I just don't, even though there are times when I'd like to have a little something after work.  I am not really a wine drinker, but I do like beer, margaritas, the occasional martini.  So, send those good vibes my way, would ya?

I hope y'all have a great week!

Love, 365


1 comment:

  1. Fingers all crossed for you. Enjoy the Elna. I didn't know that brand was still out there. When I acquired a bernina more modern than my late 70s Singer (my leaving home gift from my parents) i couldn't part with the Singer. So i use both. They get used for different jobs but in all honesty i still prefer the older sturdier Singer (especially for patckworking and quilting.)

    ReplyDelete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...