September 18, 2013

Constipation...of the mind....just as painful as the other kind

Image courtesy of Bing 

9:00am.  Ugh.  I have to finish my paper today (an op-ed piece), and I feel like I'm slogging through mud.  Mentally that is.  I've got a good start but right now it feels rather disjointed and unorganized.   I thought it would be easier ~ never had an instructor ask our opinion before, so that's refreshing.  Now, if only it wasn't going to be graded!  

3:00pm  Done.  I am happy with the paper, although I'm not sure I was strong enough in my opinions.  We'll see, as I've already sent it to my instructor!!!  Yikes!!

********
Last Friday I had a call from the Oncologist office reminding me of an appointment I had on Monday.  It's one of those awful automated systems, that drone on and on -you kind of wonder how long it will take to get to the point - and after you listen to it, it gives you two options: confirm or cancel.  Having forgotten all about it, AND since I knew I had to finish my paper, I pressed the cancel option, and planned to call later this week to reset.  However, I did receive a call on Monday telling me I missed the appointment!  Sheesh.  When I called, the receptionist apologized, I apologized, everyone was sorry about the mixup and I rescheduled.  You know, why have an automated system if it doesn't work???  Just sayin'.

Love, 365

1 comment:

  1. I. HATE. Automated systems. HATE them.
    I especially hate the ones where you can leave a message like 'cancel my appointment, thankyouhaveaniceday' and then they friggin' call you back to tell you that your appointment was, indeed canceled.

    Hell.

    ReplyDelete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...