March 7, 2015

Daylight "savings"...right.

(Google images)

I love my new workplace....the staff and Dr's are wonderful.  But the coffee.....oh, man, I really love the coffee.  My first day, my coworker announced it was time for coffee (yay!) and had me pick out a pod for the keurig machine.  My first cup had me hooked.....even the powdered creamer didn't take anything away from the flavor.   The jolt of caffeine didn't hurt either!  It will be a godsend this coming Monday....the first day of daylight "saving" time.  

Don't get me wrong, I love the fact it will be light longer when I get home (especially now that my workday ends at 5pm instead of 4pm at my previous job).  But adjusting to getting up an hour earlier than the day before takes about 2 weeks before I don't feel like the living dead until 9am or so.

Did you know that Germany was the first country to implement daylight savings time?  And here you thought it was the U.S., huh?  Congress enacted the Uniform Time Act in 1966, which simply made everything the same unless the state decided not to participate (like Arizona).  

(Google images)

 I have lost this excuse because I use my cell phone for my alarm, and it annoyingly always has the correct time.....

Riiiight.....

Finally found one that expresses my sentiments.......

Enjoy your 47 hour weekend!
Love, 365





No comments:

Post a Comment

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...