June 6, 2016

Thoughts that roam......

In the news
A piece of cloth from Pope John Paul II, which happened to have 
a drop of his blood on it, was stolen from Cologne Cathedral

I like this photo 'cause of the dove in the foreground
Just a tad bit of propaganda, yeah?

+++++++++++++++++++++

Oh, how graffiti has changed!
These are etched into the stone inside England's Medieval churches...

One of the most common motifs found, these are thought to trap "malevolent spirits". 

These examples of ships are meant to send travelers safely on their way....

I don't know about you, but I figured these would have been the most popular designs,
not only because duh, they're crosses
but also because it could have been done quickly.

However, apparently church officials encouraged it....and apparently they (archaeologists) believe that women were responsible for most of the images.  Admittedly only a theory...the thought is that the etchings were done with this tool:

which women tended to carry in their pockets.  
***If you want to read more, go here.  Because the story is pretty cool.  

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Otherwise, I don't have a lot of news, or happenings, or events.......ha ha, life is on the slow and steady these days, although Romeo is stressing out about his class (which he needs in order to obtain his teaching certificate).  Because it is in the summer, it has been condensed, so you rarely get out of class early, and the requirements each week are pretty intense.  

I start my last "individual study" class with Prof. Stuart today...I suppose we will be setting parameters for research.  I already know what I need ~ the problem is finding it.  I am hoping he will give me some ideas today.  

The past 3 weeks have been nice, I've had 3 four day weekends in a row.  The last two weeks I've only worked 3 days a week.....it would be so easy to get used to that!

Enjoy your week!
Love, 365


3 comments:

  1. I love all these little details the history books leave out. So interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, I hated history in high school - most of the people I know who love it are over 40. :-)

      Delete
  2. Hi, it's me again, tracy...I love your other blog, but this one is great too! I hope to be "seeing" you around, I used to have a blog, then I got really, really FAT! :(

    ReplyDelete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...