November 19, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!



Happy Thanksgiving!  I know it's a bit early, but we will be traveling and although I'm taking my computer ~ more on that in a bit ~ I doubt I will have any blogging time.

Why I love Thanksgiving:
~The food is great.  Even if it is purchased in advance and warmed up in the oven, you're still sitting at a full table with friends/family/pets.  Ok, maybe not the pets, but they're hanging nearby, I betcha.
~No shopping for gifts.  No wrapping, no worrying (omg, will he/she like it?), no emptying the bank account for a holiday (although I don't do that, I try to shop somewhat early, or buy modest gifts).  No meltdowns from kids that didn't get quite what they wanted, although they might have a tummy ache.
~No trees or tons of decor you have to skirt around.  Maybe a cornucopia that is thrown out the next day anyway.
~I consider this a stress free holiday, for all the above reasons.  Eating and football and Yahtzee or scrabble.
~Dessert.  Pie, that comes in pecan and pumpkin and apple.....
I hope that all of you enjoy!


Although I'm taking my computer, it's an attempt to make some real headway on my essay due on 11/30, which I haven't even started. :-(

Love y'all ~ 365


4 comments:

  1. My wife and I have to work Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday but we get the Holiday and the day after. We plan to cook for some of our family. I love Thanksgiving. Hope yours is a good one.
    Also, you should put a Follow Widget on your blog that notifies when you post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personally I think all cooks should at least get off by noon on Wednesday to get a head start, lol. Thanks for pestering me about the follow widget, I finally figured out where it is! I expect to see you there :-)

      Delete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. Enjoy, have a 2nd or 3rd piece of pie for me. Safe Travels!

    ReplyDelete

Spring has sprung, let the gardening begin....

  This show of blooms was just the beginning! Of course they smell amazing, and all the pollinators think so too. Windows and back door open...