November 27, 2017

It's great to be home again.....

Son #2 and Sioux

We survived....we drove 900 miles from Albuquerque to Round Rock Texas for Thanksgiving.  The trip there ~ we left at 4:30am ~ didn't end until about 7:30pm due to traffic issues from construction and border checkpoint (which isn't at the border), and taking wrong turns.  It was, in a word, exhausting.

Cedar Breaks Park & Georgetown Lake

We had a nice hike on Thursday morning/early afternoon.  It was lovely, and Sioux had a great time running around and swimming to retrieve the stick thrown for her.  She did suffer from swimmer's tail for a couple of days, but I think it was worth it.

Later that day we had a nice dinner with Son #1 and his new wife.  Friday, we did Thanksgiving all again at my Mom's, where everyone who was in town was there, so I was able to meet my sister's new grand-daughter, Rebecca.  So cute, but I can see at 3 months old, they are going to have their hands full!  She appears to be a determined young lady!

Isn't she adorable?

Saturday we literally did nothing except have a nice dinner (take out, because we had the dog).  We said our good-by's and prepared for the trip back on Sunday ~ again at 4am.  *Side note, the older I get, the easier it is to get up at 4am, haha.  We had no issues on the trip back and made it home in about 13 hours.  I ended up taking off today so that I wouldn't have any problems with returning the rental car (a Ford Edge that we really liked).  All in all, we enjoyed seeing the boys, Sioux was thrilled to see her owner.  Will we do it again next year?  Nope.  I don't want to do that drive again for a long time.  It's just too long.  It's really too bad we aren't 7 to 8 hours away, which would be so much more manageable.  We discussed again the idea of moving back someday, but the final decision will be at least 3 to 4 years away.

I hope all of you enjoyed your holiday!  And I sincerely hope you didn't have to drive 13 hours to get there.....

Love, 365

5 comments:

  1. Don't they have airlines between Albuquerque and Austin any more?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do, but I wouldn't subject the dog to travel in the luggage department. The main reason we drove was so that our son could have a little time with his dog ~ yes, we are crazy dog people. haha

      Delete
  2. With the exception of all that driving it sounds like a nice family holiday. And yes, that baby is so sure adorable. Son and dog ain't so shabby either I might add. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun, except for the long hours in the car. And yeah, I think my son is handsome too! Thank you....

      Delete
  3. 13 hours is a looooong car trip. We think 10 hours in the plane is a long journey from here in the UK to AZ!

    ReplyDelete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...