November 6, 2017

Hold on while I get my coffee......

Ahhhh, that's better.
Onward, through the fog....

I've been obscessing and taking pics of the sunflowers that were in a flower arrangement I purchased recently.  I think this is one of 5 I've taken the last few days.
Although I consider myself reasonably intelligent, I bought this arrangement simply because I love the 3 small vases (and it looks like old fashioned milk bottles!).  Very handy for small bouquets!  See how I saved $$ buy buying shit?  I wish I could recall the comedian who said that...

Ok, I'll stop now.  But aren't they pretty?
******************************************************************************
Romeo.....oh how I love thee.  But seriously, you're driving me batshit crazy.  I know I've mentioned the second story deck issue.  Romeo removed it after he discovered dry-rot in the boards.  Since then, he has done......well, really nothing.  He's measured where to put the posts that will support it, and he has drilled the holes and placed the metal support thingy in.  Because we'll be out of town during Thanksgiving, he's not planning on doing anything else until Christmas vacation, although really, isn't it going to be a little cold?  He plans to place the posts and the framework.  Then, according to Romeo, "it'll be easy to do the rest".  Hmmmm.  I'm always suspicious when someone tells me something will be easy.  

The only issue currently, is that we used to access the roof by way of the deck.  So, closing down the evaporative cooler is tricky, and the roof can only be accessed with a ladder.  Have I ever mentioned how much I hate ladders?  Romeo mentioned "Oh, I think I'll shut the cooler down next weekend, since it's going to be windy this weekend", where I promptly stated that the wind usually comes in the afternoon, so he should have no problem doing it now....not to mention that the following weekend is right before we leave, so we might be busy.  I felt only a teeny bit guilty manipulating him into doing it now.  I know chores like that one aren't fun.  I understand procrastination (I'm the queen!).  I'll be so glad when the deck is done, but I guess I'll just have to be patient (I'm not the queen of that one).

Just to clarify, I'm farrrr from perfect (remember the procrastination).  We've been happily married for almost 40 years, which I attribute to each of us complimenting the other.....like I can manipulate him into a chore, and he is great at keeping me grounded.  It just works, haha.

So, Thanksgiving.  This will be the first Thanksgiving that I haven't prepared everything.  Turkey, stuffing, rolls....the only thing I don't do is my own cranberry sauce.  The plan is that I will kick it out of the park for Christmas.  I just need to dial down how much food I cook or we'll be eating the leftovers for a month.  It's great on the day of, and still enjoyable the next day....but 3 weeks later that frozen turkey is taunting you from the freezer, and you've already used up all the ideas on how to fix it in different ways.....

Enjoy your week!
Love, 365



6 comments:

  1. Saving money by buying stuff...you don't know how many times my wife has explained a purchase to me with that statement, I just smile and nod my head now.

    OK I'm going to push my luck and jump over to Romeo's side, a project like the deck it's all about the timing...not always quick because when you rush things you make mistakes, so sometimes we have to work a while then think for a while, this gives us time to do other things too...I didn't say it was a good explanation, but that is where we stand ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Are you really my husband with a secret blog? hahahahaha

      Delete
  2. Oh do I understand the projects that take weeks, months, years. I live it.
    But like you we work well together even if I do wish to hurt him some days. :-)

    No turkey for me. Thank God. I HATE Turkey and all the thxgiving food except for sweet potatoes and pie. Thankfully in my family there were 2 meals. 1/2 the table was American Thanksgiving. The other half was Italian food. I never knew that everyone didn't have lasagna for thanksgiving until I was a teenager. But we are alone this year. So we'll see. Not making a big bird for 1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, food for thought ~ oh, haha, like my little joke?
      The world probably wouldn't end if I did lasagna, which we both love. Garlic bread, big salad, more garlic bread.....that just might work!
      Must have apple pie & pumpkin though. MUST. :-)

      Delete
  3. I was talking to our doctor yesterday and he said he and his wife do a couple of Cornish game hens for Thanksgiving and be done with it. Whatever you fix just remember the title of the book I'm reading by Roy Blount Jr. "Save Room For Pie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely...it's just not Thanksgiving without pie!

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...