March 4, 2019

Family......

I don't know why I put this photo in.....I just saw it in my photos

Yesterday was family day.  Not long after I sat down to read my class material, my eldest son called ~ well to fair I texted and asked if he was free for a call and he called me.  Talking to him is rather like talking to an automaton.  He rarely expresses himself on the phone.  Here's an example:
"How are things going?"
Answer: "Fine......(crickets in the background)"
Yeah, well it's typical for him to be this way on the phone.  It's like I have to pry the news out of him with a crow bar.  
While I'm on the phone with him my youngest calls, so I call him back.  He is extremely animated on the phone, and gushes out a bunch of info in a relatively short period of time.  He makes me laugh.  My eldest makes me worry.
Then I call my Mom because I know my sister is there to stay with her while Mom's care-giver is in the hospital receiving his last cancer treatment.  I tell her that Son #2 is coming for the graduation, he's sent me his itinerary and they will be here together.  She claims the bed in one of the spare rooms, and I tell her she would have it at any rate, #2 can have the air mattress, and we both laugh.  She might not laugh so much when she remembers that our spare bed is a single.  At least it's cozy and the mattress has a pillow top on it. :-)

By this time I have spend a little over 2 hours on the phone and have read nothing.  I berate myself for sabotaging my efforts and get to it.  I did get some done, but put off a bit to read at lunch today....and as I start the long article I think to myself that I've read it before.  It seems familiar.  And sure enough it is an article we read the first week of class.  I assure myself that senility is not yet settling in as I thought.  Whew!  So, I suppose I am ready for tomorrow.  

I just have to stay off the damnable phone. :-)

Love, 365

5 comments:

  1. I hate talking on the phone also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no, I love talking, haha. Thinking back it was my way of procrastinating doing all the readings, which I unfortunately don't find all that interesting.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful bird...unless your a field mouse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your first conversation with the eldest son sounds like what we go through with Rick's daughter.
    It's painful to be on the phone with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is painful, isn't it? You ask how they are, and you get "fine". How's work? "fine", etc etc. Often he calls me while he's driving, which makes me crazy. The worst was when I had to listen to him order take out in the drive through.

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...