March 16, 2019

It's an investment......






In December I had to take my aging Rodeo for repairs, and the shop recommended that I have brake work done in 3 months....apparently my rear brakes were pretty worn out.  This week I had to get a new battery and have the brake work done.  Of course the brakes cost more than their estimate.....they had recommended the front rotors to be machined but I knew they would have to be replaced because they've been machined once already......still less expensive than a car payment, but does nothing to ease my desire for a new suv.  Two of my coworkers bought new vehicles this month.  Both purchased Toyota 4 Runners which are very nice, but the gas mileage isn't very impressive.  My Rodeo gets about the same, and I want the next vehicle to have much better mileage ~ and a backup camera ~ and to pair with my phone.  I remember how excited I was to buy a vehicle with cup holders and a 4 CD player, lol.  Times have changed, huh?

What struck me as funny was when the guy at the repair shop told me "your total investment is....".  Investment.  I suppose it is an investment in my own safety, the brakes are great, but as far as investment, not so much.  IF I could sell it for more than 5,000 I'd be surprised, and I just put in a bit over 2,000 in repairs and maintenance.  Hmph. 






 Here are the two investments I enjoy the most....my boys.  :-)

Have a great weekend!
Love, 365

2 comments:

  1. You know it sounds like corporate speak. When I was in my old world they would make you say stuff like that as a new policy. Worse investment of my life because it's value depreciates as soon as you leave the dealership. Funny.
    I think your 2 priorities / investments are far better! Lovin' that pic of you and your son on the hearth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is ~ I'd much rather hear them say "your total repair bill is...". But I'm sure they want to put a positive spin on it. Why not leave the customer with the thought that they made an "investment" in their vehicle? I did find a smudge of grease on my door, and wish they would have their mechanics be a bit more considerate, but all in all they seem honest.

      Delete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...