November 22, 2019

Sort of just another Friday........


Today was a regular Friday ~ work until 2pm, come home all cranky because I haven't had any lunch yet, because we work straight through w/no lunch break.  Which is ok because I'd rather get off an hour early.  It's Romeo's Friday off from putting my lunch together, which he does the other work days. 

Remember Ms. Loud?  (how can one forget, ha ha) The week before this one she came into work sounding sick.  Coughing, and stuff.  Well, she came over to my desk, leaned in REAL close to do something on my computer, and bingo ~ I end up with strep too.  She did apologize, but that doesn't give me back the time off I had to take on Tuesday.  And I had all my vacation days planned to the minute, with a carry over of 2 days for next year, which will now be one.  Wah wah wah, I am just a whiner, but it still ticks me off.  If you don't feel good at work please don't make certain your coworkers will end up with whatever plague you might have, will ya?

This week it seems like I suddenly realized that Thanksgiving is next week, so I scrambled to find my teeny tiny turkey ~ and found a 7.3 pound one.  Perfect for two of us.  Since our family doesn't travel much, and Thanksgiving is basically a long weekend, it's always just us two.  I don't want a 12 - 16 pound turkey where we end up with way too much in left over turkey.  A few days of leftovers is great, but 8 more meals is too much.  So, I scratched that off my list, but it isn't making much of a dent ~ this is the start of the silly season after all.

Well, enough bellyaching for now.  Enjoy your weekend!
Love, 365



8 comments:

  1. Bummer about the strep but I am glad you are feeling better. Enjoy the silly season. We are starting it off by having 19 people at our house for turkey day. Definitely going to be silly. We also got rid of DirecTV so there will be no football to watch. That is going to make it really interesting. And to answer your question about TV, we are just using streaming like Amazon, Netflix and now Disney+. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, 19! That will be tons of fun. With that many folks, there will be no need for football :-) Have a great Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  2. I blame the company. They always make you feel like a slacker if you take a day off, hold it against you, the boss will claim he/she never takes time off, play hurt yada, yada, yada. SO you go to work and everyone is gets sick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we do have a fairly generous amount of time off, but I think she didn't believe she was really "sick" until the afternoon. Still, you are right. There is pressure to come in anyway!

      Delete
  3. Damn about the strep. Hope it's a lesson for everyone around you. Keep it to yourself!
    We used to buy a 3 kilo turkey at Xmas and even with an extended family we got sick of the leftovers. Now it's a 2 kilo chicken......plus whatever the other half cooks.
    Certainly is the silly season. Hasn't quite started getting into gear here yet thank goodness.
    Keep well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am quite surprised that my husband hasn't gotten sick ~ but as he was already on antibiotics for something else, I hope he dodged it.
      I've already begun shopping, but I haven't gotten into it yet! I'm sure I'll be horribly rushed soon.

      Delete
  4. Oh dear, that's rotten about getting strep throat. I still have a ziplock bag of frozen turkey from our Thanksgiving (we celebrate in October, here). -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanksgiving in October! I hope it went brilliantly. And of course, we always have leftovers! This means I won't have to cook for a few days, which is always welcome!

      Delete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...