December 5, 2020

The short weekend......

 

Apparently my Grandson's new fascination is with cookies, lol.  And it's his new favorite word 😊

So it's a good thing I've made some to send to them with a family yard game, Yardzee....a funny play on the Yahtzee I guess.  I still have one more batch of cookies to bake, and hope to send it all out next week.

Even though the holiday season has begun, I just don't feel it yet.  Maybe I won't.  I'm still trying to decide if I want to put up the tree.  Or maybe I'll just do decorations.  I just don't know!  Romeo leaves all that stuff up to me, which tells me he doesn't care one way or the other ~ he'll be happy either way.  It's just the two of us, after all, so I guess I'll go with what I feel like doing!  

Work is still going on, nothing new is going on other than patients cancelling because they've got Covid, or been exposed to it.  It's happening a bit more regularly these days ~ not really surprising.  Patients also cancel if they aren't feeling well, which is fantastic really.  It's tough to keep the schedule full, but we do the best we can, and from the news on the dental grapevine, this is true across the board.  

I spent yesterday after work helping my friend make spanikopita for our church bake sale.  I am happy to report I know how to make it now, haha!  Wow, there's a lot of butter in it.  It's not a diet kind of dish, but we baked one to see if it was alright (although I pointed out that there's nothing we can do about all of the trays of it she and I put together) but wow, it was delicious.  The phyllo is crispy and browned, the filling is so good!  We will be eating ours sometime between Christmas and New Years.  

Have any of you watched The Crown, the most recent season?  This is the one that deals both with Thatcher and Charles and Diana's marriage.  What a disaster.  Of course we are feeling sad for Diana.  She was so horribly unhappy.  And why not, with your husband continuing his affair with Camilla.  The royal family never embraced her, or helped her adjust.  And I never had any idea of how driven Thatcher was, and that drive made her many enemies.  Although I watched the entire season, I must say it didn't really bring me any joy ~ although it was very entertaining.

Last weekend we watched "Away" which I loved.  How disappointing that it won't have a second season.  Recently started watching "The Queens Gambit".   I so enjoyed the first few episodes, it's quite different from what you see on tv.  It will be interesting to see where they take the story.

Well, I best get on with cookie baking!  

Enjoy your weekend!  Love, 265

12 comments:

  1. I did not care for this season as you may have read of the Crown. What they did to Diana is what they did to Megan only with overt racial undertones and thankfully she had a husband who loves and adores her. They picked Di and then let her just flail. When she said that Princess Grace of Monaco had to take her aside to tell her you carry your hand bag in your left hand - why wouldn't they be giving her lessons about such things instead of making fun of her behind her back because she is clueless. Thatcher was well played by Gillian Anderson. I did not like Thatcher when in office and this made me see it her even more clearly and what her issues were with women. But yet every dinner she was the cook. I found that strange that she was the PM and had no help. I tried the Queens Gambit and fall asleep all the time. I am finding it boring. I have rewatched the same part of episode 2 now 2x and each time I fall asleep. Everyone keeps telling me it's so good. What episode does that happen in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I have seen you list what you enjoy watching...I think we have totally different tastes in entertainment.....there's something for everyone, right? I was taken with it the very first episode. Romeo asked me after episode #4 "how many of them are there?" so I don't think he enjoyed it either.

      Delete
  2. Such a cute little guy up there with the cookie. :) I like cookies, too!!

    I haven't been interested in watching The Crown, I'm one of the people who can't understand why anyone cares about royalty. I read once that Prince Charles has a servant whose sole job is to put toothpaste on his toothbrush. No idea if it's true, but they're so spoiled and pampered and completely out of touch with the world. I just don't care.
    The purse thing... when how you carry a purse is a thing, you're an idiot. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must have left the room for a few minutes and missed the purse thing, haha. And I agree that "royalty" is merely a tradition now in the UK, but wow, used to be a very big thing. I don't know why it still goes on, really they are useless.

      Delete
  3. We watched The Queen's Gambit and loved it. We're now catching up with Downton Abbey. I had only seen one or two episodes the first time a few years ago. Judy had watched the entire series but has found that she's forgotten most of it so it's new again to her too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished the last episode of The Queen's Gambit, wow, I loved how it ended. Downton Abbey was a fabulous series! But don't bother with the movie they made later, I thought it was a snooze.

      Delete
  4. Yardzee was an old game played by boaters to pass the time..."Yachts." I was taught how to play by my Aunt and played with my friends many years before Parker Brothers "Invented" it.

    Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the kids enjoy it ~ we all loved Yatzee at family gatherings, along with Scrabble and Mexican Train.

      Delete
  5. We just use olive oil in our spanakopita. I presume butter goes in the filo pastry.
    It's an easy recipe, when you've made it a dozen times lol Easier of course if you're allowed to use frozen spinach. Washing a kilo of spinach on a cold winters day is not fun
    And really tasty! Kali orexi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had it yet, it's sitting in the freezer until Christmas, although I'm planning on pozole and tamales. We'll probably eat it the next day (unless I can't find tamales, Romeo isn't a fan of pozole).

      Delete
  6. I am really having a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit this year. I think dealing with COVID the past two weeks has something to do with it but we will make the best of it because we want the kids to have a good holiday even though 2020 has been a shit show. Good luck with the baking and I will have to give Queen's Gambit a look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, but I have no kids now, the Grandkids are in Texas ~ meaning there is no pressure to decorate.
      The Queen's Gambit had an awesome ending.

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...