May 22, 2015

I am gonna totally lose my shit.......

Out it comes.....(google images)

Seriously, I need to make a big decision this summer, regarding my bachelor's degree goal.  If I want to graduate from UNM, I need a certain # of hours there.  Like 92.  This is part of the audit.....

Now, does this make sense to anyone?  On the top it says I need 26 hours.  On the bottom, unless I am not understanding (which is very likely), it says that after I've earned the 94 hours, I have to take 15 more.  WTF?????????

At UNM, you must also have a minor.  I picked history, mostly because I like ancient history, and partly because I had taken so freakin many history classes at CNM (community college) I figured that I won't need that many upper level classes.....and I really only need 15 hours.  (Notice that there is a weirdly demonic correlation between the 94 and the additional 15 hours....hmmmmm)  The issue at hand is finding upper level history classes online (none) or after work (also none).  

If I take the required history classes at another college, I won't have enough hours earned at UNM to graduate with my degree.

Slap me.....

So, all this time, I hadn't really considered this logistical problem. 

I wrote an e-mail to the Dean of Students (don't ask me why I thought this was a good idea), but I haven't (wow, surprising, right?) heard from them.  Basically I mentioned the requirements, the fact that I work full time, and that the history department doesn't offer any upper level classes online or after 5pm.  

I don't think they care......
Waaaahhh.....

So, I suppose I will have to schlep over to the counselors office (that don't care, and make you feel like you're a whiner), who will probably send me to someone else that doesn't care.  

I think I'm going to have to accept the fact that regardless of the $$ I've spent so far, they will be annoyed that I'd really like to finish.  Without taking this.....

"Queer History Ancient Time to Today"

Are they kidding?  Nope.  Not that I have anything against the gay/lesbian/&whatever lifestyle.  I just choose not to study it.  I'd rather take....
"Medieval & Modern Apocalypse" 
(note the time it's available)

Another issue is: if I transfer to another college that allows me the freedom to take all my classes online, I will probably face the same hours issue.  Plus, I won't be able to participate in the traditional graduation ceremony.  I was kinda looking forward to that.

So, kinda sucks.....hopefully there will be someone at UNM that will respond to this:

Not sure what else to do......

Love, 365


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring has sprung, let the gardening begin....

  This show of blooms was just the beginning! Of course they smell amazing, and all the pollinators think so too. Windows and back door open...