September 6, 2016

Nope.....



I believe I mentioned in a previous post that I finally got off my ass and took the history mid-term (Italian Renaissance, although how you could miss that is beyond me...unless this is the first post on my blog you've ever read).  On Saturday I checked, and they have received the exam.  So, I figured I would check today to see if it has been graded.  Nope.......  I tell myself I will wait another couple of days and check again, but the truth is I will probably check everyday until I see it.  It's quite nerve wracking.

I still need to finish my first paper on how the plague effected Italy and Europe, economically, socially ~ and there's one other point, but I don't recall what it is right now.  I'm just trying to figure out how I'm going to get all this done before the end of Oct.

I have an issue at work.....Tess (*not her name) and I are on hourly pay.  At one time in the practice everyone started with an hourly wage that became a salary at some point.  However, the Doc's have decided that from now on, every new hire will remain on hourly wages.  Of course, the first observation I made was "well, that's cheaper for them".  Which is true.  Salaried employees don't get paid for staying late of course, but the truth is, we really don't stay late very often.  Recently one of my salaried co-workers asked me to move up some of the patients at the end of the work day on Friday, so that we could "get out of here early".  This happened about 3 or 4 weeks ago, and I thought it wouldn't be so bad to leave early occasionally.  So, we left about 2 hours earlier than normal.  Then we had the gas explosion, where Comcast workers were putting in cable, and our building was evacuated....again, I left about 2 hours early.  And discovered shortly thereafter that I would not be paid for that particular 2 hours (even though the policy manual assures us of pay if there is a 2 hour delay due to inclement weather during the winter months).  And, to get another pie in the face, my salaried co-worker made sure to let Tess and I know that she was paid for the time off from the gas thingy.  And the office manager justified it with the fact that when we stay late we get paid when they don't, so it all works out.  I suppose.  This last Friday, the same co-worker asked me again to call later patients to come earlier...so we could leave early.  I told her "You know that when we do that it cuts time off of my paycheck"...she replied "I realize tht but...."  and I replied "I think you might feel different if it's your paycheck".  Which basically ended the conversation.  If the Dr. was asking me to do it, no problem.  He's the boss, he signs the paycheck, etc.  So, I've been stewing over it for the past 4 days.  I think I've got to speak to the office manager again.  Damn.  As I've observed before, there really is no such thing as the perfect place to work.

Love, 365

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...