September 5, 2016

The Italian Renaissance....at least the art is interesting

Judith Slaying Holofernes

After all of the paintings and sculptures, this painting was so different, I thought I would share.  One of the first women to be a successful painter (this is not her only work, ha ha), the story behind this painting is as interesting as the painting itself.  Apparently raped by one of her father's associates, then refusing to marry her, and bashing her honor in the court, this painting may show her rage at her treatment by men.  Other works:






Well, since I've spent 7 hours on this stuff, I think I'm done for now.

Enjoy your Labor Day!
Love, 365

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring has sprung, let the gardening begin....

  This show of blooms was just the beginning! Of course they smell amazing, and all the pollinators think so too. Windows and back door open...