June 18, 2017

A hidden gem in the heart of Albuquerque

Los Poblamos, Albuquerque

Our Architecture of New Mexico class went to Los Poblamos yesterday to view a style of architecture that is unique to NM.  But mostly, it was just fun, and amazing.  I never even heard of this place!  I will be going back soon....

The main crop is lavender.  The plants were beautiful and of course, smelled heavenly.

John Gall Meem was the architect for many of the buildings here....and also designed the Zimmerman Library on UNM campus.  

Professor Norman Crowe joined Prof. Karla Britton to give us the low-down on the details of the NM territorial style.  Sweet guy.

Our group photo for this trip....
This building would be the area for a wedding that was to take place that evening.

We had a real scorcher yesterday, and we were tempted to jump into this pool....

I was obsessed with this tractor and silos....I love this photo.

We arrived at 9am, and by the time we left around 11:30, the heat was pouring it on.  We went to have lunch at Flying Star....and for some reason they chose to eat outside on the patio.  Which was covered, but omg, really?  I took 2 ibuprophen as I left, to try to get rid of a building headache.  Soon after I abandoned my last errand and went home.  After a few hours rest, I was feeling better.  I decided to order a cooling neck wrap for next week's travels, as I don't want to deal with a migraine when we're an hour from home.  

Regardless of the headache/migraine, it was fun.  I purchased some lavender lotion and lavender honey (wow! is that stuff good) at the farm store.  I plan to visit again, and purchase gifts at the store. It is a historic inn and organic farm, and I'd love to spend the night there sometime...although it's a bit pricey.  

*********************************************
Happy Father's Day to all of the Dad's, Step Dad's, and men who fill the roll... 

My Romeo.....

Love, 365

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...