November 19, 2018

Going left & the sacrifice.......

I don't remember where I first heard this phrase....maybe in a novel I was reading, or on the radio.  No matter where, I have put it into action a few times.  The most recent is when I attended services at St. George Greek Orthodox Church for the first time.  
Where to go?  Hmmm, I think I'll go left, and so now I always take my place to the left of the isle.  My friend who also attends asked me why I sit on this side, so I had to admit it's just something I heard or read somewhere once.  
She thinks I'm a little nutty.
She might be right (haha).  Then asked if I had any problem with the right side, and I said no, why?  Apparently there's a lady who seems lonely, never comes with anyone, and would I mind keeping her company during the liturgy?  So, next Sunday I'll be taking a trip to the right side.  
One of the students in class is being christmated next Sunday, so I want to be there for that (which is sort of like being confirmed).  I am curious to see what that entails. 

In the meantime, of my own choice of course, I'm missing Sunday morning racquetball which runs from 10 am to noonish ~ this is the sacrifice I mentioned.  I asked if anyone would be interested in moving it from 11 to 1, but no takers so far.  I am not surprised, because no one like change, and it is nice to be done in time for whatever else Sunday holds.  When I told *Frances, she recommended skipping one Sunday a month, which is a decent compromise.  I could always go to the service on Saturday night instead ~ I've never been to a vespers service, so might as well experience that too. 

In the meantime

Have a great week!
Love, 365


2 comments:

  1. Do you know that it has been proven time and time again that when people walked into a store they always go right first. You're welcome. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well, have you ever noticed the way stores are designed? Target: must go right unless you're returning something. Grocery store: go right unless you want to fight the traffic in customer service. So, going right is following the dictates of THE MAN, and I always try to buck the trend.

      Delete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...