November 23, 2018

The details of humor.......

First watch this

You might have already watched it....it's had over 11 million views :-O

I love this guy, who so effortlessly pulls off a hilarious speech at his brother's wedding.  I can say with some certainty that I couldn't do it ~ which my family must know, because no one ever asked me.  Not even son #1, who's had two weddings.  Son #2 probably won't ever get married, unless he gets himself out and about.  Mostly he works all day and then goes home to play online video games, which is his way to relax ~ which makes it tough to meet women.  Not that son #1 hasn't reminded him constantly that "he needs a girl".  Son #2 does what he does whenever anyone tries to give him advice, which is to ignore it completely after he's given you the head nod, indicating you might be right.  Then he turns his attention elsewhere, letting you know the sage advise just rolled off his back like water off a duck.  

I do love those two boys.  They are both frustrating and irritating and wonderful.  I suppose most parents have the same feelings.  Right?

That speech makes me wish I were clever and funny and spontaneous.  That I could come back with a witty remark on the fly.  I, however, always think of those like an hour later, a day later, and every once in awhile, a week later.  If I had a buck every time that happened, I could take a Hawaiian vacation.  

I would love the ability to insult someone that simultaneously shows that I love that person unconditionally.    Or, just be funny.  I have a difficult time telling jokes.  If I hear a great one, I will get halfway through and then bungle the punch line.  Or, worse yet, no one laughs.  That happens a lot.  I wonder if I'm missing the gene that provides that comedic timing that I not only lack, but probably wouldn't recognize if it bit me on the ass.  

What about you?  

Love, 365

4 comments:

  1. I simply cannot think on the fly. If I sit down and write, words flow. But if I am trying to tell a joke or a story, I stumble all over.

    We could form a club.

    ReplyDelete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...