November 10, 2018

My ridiculous countdown........


Oh, I'm anticipating alright.  I have approximately seven months until I've completed this degree ~ so close, and yet sooooo far away.  I suppose that this is the natural consequence of taking one to two classes a semester for nearly 10 years.  A freaking decade.  Uggggh.  

I keep fantasizing about all the things I'll have time to do.  I could go to the gym more (although if today was any indicator, that's a stretch).  Start doing stained glass again.  Make a quilt for our new bed.  Travel more.  The list goes on and on.......

And the obvious: keep the house cleaner.  There is a definite build up of dog hair in certain places.  It must be the air flow and the traffic patterns.  



 Or brushing your teeth WITH oreos.

But the truth is, home is not home without a dog.  I would get another dog, to keep the first dog company while we are at work, but our current dog is kind of a one man show.  She doesn't like other dogs.  And she doesn't like to share her dog bed, even with Romero (she will kick him in the head eventually), who is her favorite human in the world.  

Love, 365

8 comments:

  1. After 10 years I don't think I would celebrate by cleaning the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I wouldn't be celebrating by cleaning, but the house is in a desperate need of a thorough cleaning. Romeo does it much of the time, but his clean ain't my clean. It's a girl thing.

      Delete
  2. I hope that when you're done with your school that you're happy with the results. :)
    I'm not sure cleaning counts as celebratory, though.
    I am going to clean like hell tomorrow so that Monday,which will be a day off since schools are closed, I can play. Get out the sewing machine and make something, paint some ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to do that too ~ I'll do my most disliked chores and get them all done freeing up another day for more fun pursuits. Enjoy your Monday off!

      Delete
  3. I tend to get mental if my house is not clean for too long a period. Once the cobwebs are visible in autumn sunlight it is time to clean again! I wish we had a dog but I live in such a high area for LYme's and other tick diseases Miss my dogs of a former life. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can tell you are a true dog lover, to sacrifice your desire to have one because you know it's not safe. But, I hope you get your doggy time with friends or shelters that let you take a shelter dog for a walk.

      I have ever been picky about having a clean house (and cupboards, stove top, oven, window sills, etc) but when I have a long assignment things go by the wayside. Between semesters I've just got to clean the refrigerator! In the meantime, I just spot clean or ignore. Life goes on whether you have dust bunnies or no.

      Delete
  4. Oh I have to steal that meme about oreos and cleaning with a dog. That is my life.
    I had a good chuckle when you said it was a girl thing. We just had this discussion this weekend.
    Rick will dust AROUND the items, not move them. His cleaning is so different than mine except the bathroom. Oh my goodness he is a crazed man for a clean toilet, floor and shower! I don't mind and that is his chore. But I miss my cleaning lady so much. It was so nice to come home to everything sparling clean. I had her for 10 years and then lost my job. So I lost her. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for such an informative piece of information :)
    If anyone interested similar one's have a look here
    petreviewz blog

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...