January 5, 2019

Happy New Year!

My sister and me, probably at Easter based on those fancy socks...

I have my suv back....I picked it up on New Years Eve from the mechanic.  So, although I am $1300 dollars poorer, it is wonderful to have my own vehicle back.  It's no fun having to borrow someone else's car, even if it's your husbands.  I still need to save up for the next few months to have my brake work done.

I haven't talked about it yet, but Romeo has made the decision to leave teaching.  There are lots and lots of reasons, not the least of which is that the Albuquerque Public School system keeps trying to close any charter school they can.  He heard that this will be the last year (well, they've been trying to close it for 3 years but apparently this year will bring the axe down).   He gave his notice in November and agreed to stay until the holiday break.  So, he is semi-retired for now, although he wants to find work in marketing again.  It has been most difficult for me.  I see that I may be working longer than I hoped before retirement.  Worst of all, I cancelled our vacation plans for Yosemite.  I just felt that with things up in the air and with money becoming more tight, it was the right thing to do, although I cried when I did it.  

We had an unexpected day off this past Wednesday ~ the roads were so snowy and icy that our bosses decided it was too risky for us to drive in.  I was just getting ready to leave when I received the message, so I didn't know what I was going to do with myself.  It's way too cold to do anything outside.....the high was in the 20's for nearly a week.  I did what any red-blooded American would do ~ I looked for something new on TV.  And found, on Netflix, a show about organizing your home: Tidying Up with Marie Kondo.  I am working on my clothing right now ~ I already have two bags of clothing to get rid of after going through 1/4 of my closet ~ and I don't have that many clothes!  The first episode showed me how organized I already am, I just need to tweak it a bit.  

That's all for today.  I wish you all a wonderful 2019!

Love, 365

4 comments:

  1. Hello and I came over from Confession of a Dumb White guys. I seen photos of me in outfits like that.
    If you find the time stop over for a cup of coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping in and posting a comment! I will come by ~ make sure the coffee is hot, with a little sugar and a dollop of cream. :-)

      Delete
  2. Care repairs are always painful, but don't put off brake repair too long, they are kinda important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They told me I should have it done in 2 to 3 months, but I hope to do it in early February. Guess I'll be a regular there until all is up to snuff. :-)

      Delete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...