January 23, 2019

Sunday, Sunday.......

Passed away on Friday......

Just like anything we use, it's always a sad day when a useful item quits working.  I had this printer for 9 years....quite a long time for a printer (although when reading reviews, one guy said he had his for 15!).  Of course, as time goes on the ability to update the software goes away, and although it still printed just fine.  My favorite thing about the old printer was the inexpensive after-market ink I had been buying.  Just fine for printing, but not so great for photos.  The photos I printed faded to a much lighter version than they were originally after about 6 months.  And they aren't exposed to sunlight.

So, there's nothing for it but to buy a new one. Instead of $13 bucks for xl black and all 3 colors, now it will cost me almost 40. 

***********
Ha ha, I started this post on Sunday (hence the title) and here it is, Wednesday evening.  I am studying for a "map test".  But, the truth is, I've studied all I'm going to.  Our instructors list is completely ridiculous.  States.  Capitals.  Geographic locations like lakes, ruins, etc.  She gave us a page with stuff on both sides.  I'm tempted to tell her that there is no way to learn/memorize all of that stuff in 10 days.  These are the days where I wish I had an eidetic memory. 

She reminds me of someone who has years of experience using Exel trying to teach someone who's only used it once.  They just don't understand why you're having such a hard time understanding.  She's not good at teaching ~ but, she's a graduate student, so I suppose that's to be expected. 

Love, 365

4 comments:

  1. I've often heard that the Graduate Students were not such great teachers....must be something to that experience thing. I was always terrible with map reading and geography until I learned the GPS method.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is only my second GS instructor, and although she has taught a few classes, it shows. But hey! It's my last class before graduation, so I'm trying not to care :-)

      Delete
  2. Geography is the only thing I'm good at. And my goodness that is so useful in my life, she says sarcastically.
    My printer like this died as well. Maybe we can get a deal 2 for 1 price and cartridges that don't cost me more than a tank of gas in my SUV!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! At work I order all the office supplies. A year ago we subscribed to the business advantage program, and I'm working on negotiating a lower price for one of our printers and mine as well! Luckily we can set up and order personal items on this plan. And so far, the replacement ink does cost me more than a tank of gas! For those teeny tiny cartridges. Something's wrong here.....

      Delete

Spring has sprung, let the gardening begin....

  This show of blooms was just the beginning! Of course they smell amazing, and all the pollinators think so too. Windows and back door open...