January 18, 2019

So, you wanna work for me???

Recently Romeo quit teaching.  The truth is I was a little disappointed because I still ~ despite all the problems with the system, saw that he was good at it.  But the bureaucracy was more than he could put up with.  Even though he doesn't really need a job right now, he's been looking, but his age is a huge factor.  Companies don't really want to hire people after a certain age.  Earlier this week he had a meeting with one of his previous co-workers, who asked him if he was interested in consulting & motivational speaking ~ and set him up to do just that with a construction company next week.

Romeo is excited about it.  And then says to me: "If this is something that grows, you might have a new job!"

I turned to him, with the most sad expression on my face and said "No".

End of story.  Now way, no how, not happening.  I can't do it.  Some couples work together very well.  But after being married for over 30 years, I know that we aren't one of them. I've been reading Straight Up's blog for awhile, and I know they have it right.  But that's just not us.  Oh, we love each other, and have a wonderful time doing lots of things.  Working?  That's not one.  :-)

Love, 365

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yep, and I knew I had to nip that in the bud right away. He did not look surprised, hahaha

      Delete
  2. Don't do it. It really is not what I would have chosen. But I too, like Romeo, lost my job at age 50 when no one wanted me I did it. I also know my husband couldn't have done all this alone. But I hate working with him. When you have a bad day at the office you can't go home and vent and bitch to your husband because he was the cause of it to begin with. My blog is my sanity away from it all. I love him to pieces but don't do it! :-) Marriage Cousnseling 101. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Spring has sprung, let the gardening begin....

  This show of blooms was just the beginning! Of course they smell amazing, and all the pollinators think so too. Windows and back door open...