May 6, 2020

More confusion, but good news!......

Took this while on a walk......

Hello everyone!  I have good news and very confusing news.  Apparently my Mom does not currently have COVID.  She has been tested twice while in the hospital, and the test results have come back negative both times.   So, what's up with the positive antibody test?  The nurse told me that there have been false positives.  However, she does have pneumonia.  So perhaps she was exposed minimally, and has developed antibodies. OR she never had COVID at all.  To say that we all aren't confused is rather an understatement.  However, regardless of what has happened, we are all extremely relieved and happy that she is in a stable condition, and with continued improvement she will likely be released before this weekend to go back home ~ unless her caregiver tests positive.  He had his test yesterday and we are waiting on the results.  I hope his test comes back negative, because otherwise Mom won't be able to go home, and will have to go to rehab for continued treatment while the caregiver recovers (if he does, but he isn't sick, so.......)  However, I know that there is a possibility that she might suddenly take a turn for the worse.  NO ONE KNOWS. 

What a relief.  My sister and I hope that *Jim has learned his lesson about being more careful at home, making sure to disinfect the groceries, and cancel the house cleaning services, and to tell his cousin not to come over.  You would think we wouldn't have to hope that he would "get it", right?  He's in his mid-70s.  Come on.....

In other news, it looks like we will be back to work full time by 5/18, unless our governor extends the stay at home order.  One of the docs is coming in this afternoon to put up the plexiglass barriers at the front desk area.  While he was there we asked what is the plan, and that's what he told us.  My co-worker and I are perfectly happy with 8 hours a week.......but when they start back, we go back.  It has been both great and annoying to be at home so much.  I've accomplished some projects I planned on, but I would like a little more time to complete some others.  Let's see what I can get done in the next week.  

Thank you for your well wishes and prayers for my Mom.  

Love, 365

7 comments:

  1. Glad you got some good news.
    The idea of someone in their 70s being a caregiver is odd to me. Sounds like he can't even take care of himself properly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it is a super long story. He has really done a lot for Mom, and she has provided him a place to live, a car, stability, etc. He has had some health issues in the last few years and has lost much of his strength. Although I am not his #1 fan, I can't deny that he has done a lot, he has just been careless with the corona virus.

      Delete
  2. Great news about your mom. Hope she gets to go home as soon as possible. Best of luck of getting those projects done before the 18th. I think I will have the same feelings when they tell us the date of when we can go back to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mr. Shife. And I hope that you have a more gradual return ~ I wish we would have done the same, because I foresee issues in going back full time. There will be things we will learn the very first day and then will have to scramble to implement them for the NEXT day, ugh.

      Delete
  3. That is really good news for your Mother. Hope she is home very soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so relieved your Mom has now Tested Negative for the Virus, that must be a huge Relief! I Hope she recovers from what is ailing her very soon so she can come Home and not be around those Petri Dishes of Hospitals right now!

    ReplyDelete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...