January 16, 2015

Okey dokey...moving on....

At the zoo, last summer.  If only I could easily remove the chick in the background....

Yesterday I cleaned the house.  But I didn't apply for any jobs.  Because I didn't feel like it.

Today I played racquetball (yay!) and applied for 3 jobs.  One is particularly interesting because it's part-time.  Monday and Tuesday.  I think this would work for me.  Maybe.  I finally heard from UNM (by e-mail), and discovered I did not get the job I thought would be so awesomely good for me.  Oh, well.  I had a good cry, and am really over it now.  Romeo was so sweet, he kept texting me to find out how I was feeling about it, giving me all kinds of appreciated supportive words.  He knew that I was really excited about that position.  We had talked about it before I got the news, and I admitted that although there is a possibility that I would get it, I wouldn't put all my hopes in getting it.  Basically, I lied.  In many ways I thought it would be perfect for me, but alas, it was not to be. 

It was beautiful here today.  The next week day we have a day in the 50's (w/no wind, please) I am going to the zoo.  Take some photos, wander around, check out the gift shops.  Why not take advantage of being out of work?  I can only apply for so many jobs, and then you just get sick of the whole thing.  If there was a way to stay home all the time, I would do it.  My oldest son has a very high paying position and offered to pay for me to continue to go to school.  But I really NEED to work.  It wouldn't be the greatest financial decision to stay home.  So, I continue.  Soldier on.  Put on my big girl panties, lol.

Love, 365

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about the job. I understand the feeling, having been there before. Now I have a job I love but I don't make shit for money. If I had to live on what I make, I would be living in a hole in the ground. I'd have enough food, but that's about it.

    I'll be doing a bit of house cleaning myself. I need to do a LOT of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ami. I appreciate it! Like you, I just want work that I would enjoy. I will keep on looking.
      Ugh, house cleaning. I like to put music on and sing (which no one wants to hear, so it's a good thing everyone else is at work), or dance around (another thing no one else shoudl see, lol). It does make the job go faster though!

      Delete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...