April 23, 2017

It's been lovely......

Hot tubs at 10 Thousand Waves, Santa Fe

I was going to post some photos from FB's "Memories and Photos in New Mexico", but thought better of it.  We have some truly talented photographers out here...go here if you'd like a look.  This FB page is limited to photos of NM, so you can get an idea of how beautiful this place can be.

Having said that, we are #1 in unemployment and car theft.  So, with beauty, there is a beast.  

It has been so lovely taking a mini vacation from work.  In truth, I only took one day off, which happened to coincide with my long weekend.  Which I have every other weekend.  So, am I spoiled?  Yeah, sort of.  It's still work.  And most people in the dental field work about 4 to 4 1/2 days a week.  So, I realize most of you work 5 days a week and likely wish you had my schedule.  I wish you had it to.

I finished my quiz for class early this time....instead of waiting until late Sunday or even Monday, I took it Saturday, but as we had two chances, I retook it this morning so that I could improve my score from 70 to 100.  Worth it, I'd say.  In a few weeks we'll be offered some extra credit, which I will take advantage of....no telling how the final will go!

I have a lot to do tomorrow....my jalopy will go into the shop tomorrow for the repair from being backed into at the Trader Joes parking lot.  It will be kind of nice to drive a newer car for a few days.  I've had mine for going on 14 years.  It shows...there's some wear and tear on it.  It drives well, and doesn't quite have 80,000 miles on it yet.  I do want a new vehicle, but will wait at least another 2 years before I go there.  It's really easy to get used to no car payments.

Well, I hope all of you have a great week!
Love, 365


4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have a lovely day off. I need a lovely 14 days off. But it won't be happenin'. :-)
    My car is 10 yrs old and while it works fine, I do wish I had a new one. But like you, don't want another payment of any kind so I plug away. I too have low mileage but....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While my older vehicle is in the shop I get to drive a new Nissan Maxima rental until the work is done. I think my favorite item is the back up camera...it's really making me want a new car!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I would enjoy a hot tub right now.

    ReplyDelete

False spring is over.....

  I took this photo of a ranunculus I bought a few days before.  They are such beautiful flowers ~ so delicate and brightly colored.  I don&...