May 4, 2018

5 days left.......



It's the beginning of finals week.....

At my best the low mutterings on the tv are simple background noise as I continue to write on the first paper due ~ on Monday.  At my worst, I quit working and watch for a few minutes for a bit of relief from the seriousness.  I believe I will finish it tomorrow, and then I will work on the second one which is due next Wednesday.  

Although there are parts of the paper that are truly interesting (park architecture), there are times when the constant referring to the thesaurus becomes drudgery.  This is when I'm tempted to crack open that last can of beer in the fridge and let it's effect on my brain take over.  So far, I have avoided the temptation, but I hear it calling to me....hahaha.

*********************************************
On the home front, Romeo cut the vast majority of the longish hair off, and he looks so handsome!  He always has been handsome to me, but I had a lot of trouble with the length he had grown it.  I'd been bugging him for the last 8 months to cut it off without nagging too much.  I had never seen his hair that long, and it looked so unkempt ~ which is a total reversal of the man he has been for the last 30 years, ~ the one who used to iron a crease in his jeans, and never considered wearing an even slightly wrinkled tee shirt.  
*******************************************
I met my new oncologist this past week, she seems like a very nice person ~ and she's not the awkward Dr Wong I met last year.  I don't know what it was, but I felt so uncomfortable around him, and worse yet ~ he seemed uncomfortable around me.  I just can't have that in a doctor, especially an oncologist.  I need someone who tells me the way it is, in a way that is compassionate and caring.  Anyway, we hashed out the idea that the protocol for hormone blockers is no longer an issue I need to be concerned with, and that my likely percentage of recurrence is less than 10%.  Of course, the radiation therapy could cause cancer later on, but I'm just taking my (current) wellness one day at a time.  And after finals, I'll finally have time for hiking and all the other outdoor activities I've been missing out on.  :-)

Love, 365

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...