May 19, 2018

Enjoying the Sparkle......

Oh, yeah.....

This house is clean!  The cleaning crew arrived only a few minutes past the designated time, and after a quick tour, immediately started cleaning.  I did ask them to clean the office first, but I cooled my jets reading the latest Outdoor magazine (it has been so long since I've just read a magazine, it was fabulous).  

Now I know why people leave while the crew is cleaning.  It's très awkward, sitting there while other people are busy.  I mentioned not to let the dog in, but one thing I forgot was the door in the master bedroom which is tied shut...because there is no deck to step out onto, it's a 20 foot plunge to the concrete patio.  Sheesh, how could I forget that?  I heard the door open and nearly had heart failure. 

And the result of their efforts came close to exceeding my expectations.  My only criticism was that the mop they used on the kitchen isn't good enough to get up all the dog drool.  I use a microfiber mop on it, and will get it out for them the next time.  

Oh yeah, there will be a next time, unless the school closes and Romeo has to apply for other teaching positions.  He did receive his test results ~ he is still working on his provisional license and has one more test and a portfolio to submit before receiving his final teaching license.  Since math teachers are hard to find, he is not concerned about finding a new position ~ but still, I don't really like assuming anything.  Murphy, you know.  He puts the kibosh on your plans as often as he can.

I am looking forward to enjoying the weekend....no mopping or dusting for me!  Yay!

Love, 365

5 comments:

  1. Having trouble visualizing that bedroom issue, but it sounds like death trap...hope noone walks in their sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ~ the master bedroom is on the second floor. There used to be (& will be again) a small deck accessed from that door, that also shades a small portion of the backyard patio.

      I have been waiting all year for Romeo to rebuild it, which he says he is starting the day after school ends. Fingers crossed.....

      Delete
  2. When I had a cleaning company I was normally working in my office. So while I was home, I was busy and on the phone. But it is an open loft so I still felt weird. But I managed to get over it because I loved having someone do all this for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree....once I was able to hang out in my office, all was well. Plus, I haven't had anyone come in and clean the house in over 12 years, so a little anxiety seems reasonable!!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...