May 20, 2018

Fighting the good fight......

Georgia O'Keeffe's house

Yesterday I discovered that with no chores to do, and no classwork going on, and an aversion to shopping just for something to do ~ I experienced boredom in a way I haven't in a long while.  Not that I think that housework is a fun way to fill the hours, haha.  But I was bored.  I had no interest in watching the royal wedding, although I did watch the Preakness race (wow, all of two minutes). 

 I pulled out a paint by numbers kit I ordered, which may have been a big mistake because there are apparently hundreds of tiny little areas....I might never finish the darn thing, and I just started it.   If I had known it was coming from China, I would never had ordered it.  It's really too bad they don't have someone who writes and speaks English on board ~ for example: "you can espress the object's special sese of quality".  Or how about "The pigment is rapid drying.  Make sure the lid is off when you don't use it", lol.  Or "there maybe some discrepancy of the colors between the reference picture and the products".  Well, that's just lovely.  

This is only 1/3 of the size....

So after a wishy washy start on that headache, I registered for a free class offered through Harvard on Egyptian culture & history.


I could pay $100 for a certificate, but as it doesn't give me any college credits, why would I?  It is fun though, I've always loved the pharaohs and pyramids and art of ancient Egypt.  Plus it's a self paced course, so it doesn't really matter how long it takes me.  

One of these days I'll get back into stained glass art too.  It's been a long time, and I have a few design ideas.  

I hope you have a great weekend......

Love, 365

6 comments:

  1. I could never even color between the lines, so may be I should try and to not order such a kit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So for you, it's best to have a blank canvas, :-)

      Delete
  2. Time to take up power napping and Zentangle. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, I have never been a napper. Even when I try, I just can't do it. I recall once I thought I had taken a nap, only to find I'd been asleep for 5 minutes, lol.

      Zentangle sounds like fun though, something I'll check into!

      Delete
  3. OOOOOh how I wish I could have boredom!! I long to have a day of boredom. I haven't had one in over 20 years. Trade ya! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, well, you're welcome to have it ~ I'll send it by USPS, :-)

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...