May 18, 2018

Time on my hands.....for a change

Lavender farm in Albuquerque

Well, it's my every other Friday off, and I'm doing a little preparation for the house cleaning service this afternoon.  I'm hoping I have enough time after racquetball to shower before they arrive, because I don't look very attractive after 2 hours of play.  I would have preferred that they come on the Friday I work, because there's a slight guilt factor going on in that I'm off today, and have time to clean my own house ~ I have to keep reminding myself that this is my Mother's Day present.

Truly, I'm not doing much.  I loaded the dishwasher, washed the sheets (because they'll make the bed too, and I'm all about getting as much accomplished through them as possible), picked up some stuff I thought I should put away ~ like the Christmas decor Romeo left on a chair in his office, good grief.  

But, as I'm not leaving while they do the deed ~ which I'm sure they prefer ~ I'm asking that they clean my office first, then hang out in here while the rest is being done.  Romeo is not a big fan of having strangers in the house.  It doesn't really matter that they are bonded and insured.  How do you replace the earrings Romeo bought me for my birthday?  It just can't be done.  I'm under no illusions that this could happen while I'm here though.  I guess I'm just paranoid and untrusting these days.  Perhaps it's not a bad thing.  Besides, I have to put the dog out. If this works out (you know, white glove treatment by me, and I have pretty high standards) we'll have them come once a month.  
**************************************
Having said that, Romeo texted me yesterday at work that Albuquerque Public Schools had a meeting this week, and they may close the school Romeo works at.  So, he might be looking for work this summer, but thankfully he'll be paid and insured.  Supposedly they'll find out in June.  If that does happen, then I will be cancelling the monthly cleaning service if I end up liking their work.

I'm not sure that I would recommend anyone become a teacher these days.  The pay sucks.  The job is stressful and mostly unsatisfying.  I read a story (on FB, so suspect, lol) of a teacher who posted a picture of her paycheck and said "I got a degree for this???".  Of course, you can't tell me that she didn't already know.  I'm sure that at some time someone mentioned that the pay scale sucks.  So although I appreciate her complaint, I don't buy it.  She's probably comparing her pay to a college friend who, after a year or so, could afford to buy a house, or take a nice vacation.  Most teachers work during the summer, or work two jobs.  Romeo can afford to work for the crappy pay because it's supplemented by his social security checks.  You've seen the teacher strikes and protests on the news, right?  
*********************************
In the meantime, my job is going well.  There's a little drama, but nothing that concerns me, and there is nothing I can do to fix it ~ so, there's that.  My boss is off next week, and I'm taking off on Tuesday.  Although there's no lack of shit to do ~ it seems like I'm always catching up ~ the best time to take a day or two off is when the boss is gone.  Now, I just gotta figure out what to do.......

Love, 365

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy. I had a cleaning woman for many years. I loved her and loved coming home to a clean house. ONce she found $10 under a chair and gave it to us. I thought, hmm....now that is trust worthy!
    But after 10 yrs I lost my job so now I must clean. No more $10 bills lying around damn it.

    I'd never be a teacher. 8 people killed today in a school shooting. That and the pay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I saw the news about the shooting earlier today. WTF???? I just don't understand what the hell is wrong with these kids. I think every gun toting parent had better buy a gun safe and lock all of their firearms away when they aren't there to supervise. So many lives cut short by assholes looking for attention, or acting out for whatever reason ~ no matter how awful high school (or middle school) was, I never had the urge to go and shoot people or set off a bomb. Again, what the hell?????

      Delete
  2. I hope you are not one of those people who have to clean the house before the cleaners come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was damned tempting, but I left the dust on the sideboard, didn't vacuum the dog hair off the rug or any of those things. The only prep work I did was to load the dishwasher and put away things that were sitting out. But I admit that I cringed a bit regarding the bathrooms. :)

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...