May 8, 2018

Oh, my god the semester is finally over.....

Hallelujah !

The past five days is a blur of sitting here at my computer reading and writing (etc., etc.).  I turned in my history paper yesterday.   I had thought I would be done on Saturday but didn't finish it until 4pm on Sunday.  I was happy with it ~ I will have to wait and see if the instructor is.  He may really skim through everything, he doesn't have a student teaching assistant and there's a deadline for submitting grades.  Hey, he's the one who wanted a minimum of 5 pages, lol.  The class had a bit over 30 students, so the math points to a minimum of 150 pages to read.  My paper ended up being about 7 typed pages, and I'm certain that a few submitted a paper of over 5 pages.  Sucks to be him, haha.

I just submitted my final paper in anthropology.  I am not terribly proud of the ending, which really sucked.  But ~ here's my confession ~ I calculated the minimum grade I would need to achieve an A, and I knew I didn't need to knock it out of the park.  The majority of the paper is fine, but my conclusion is weak and lacks focus.  But you know what?  I don't care anymore.  That's what working full time and taking two classes does to ya.  You just get to the point where you just don't give a crap, you just want the madness to end.  

Now I have 6 1/2 weeks where I have no classes or homework or writing (papers).  I am planning on really focusing on getting in shape this summer.  It's crazy how out of shape I've become over the last four months.  Too much sitting.  

I hope you all have a great week!  I'm cracking open a beer......

Love, 365

6 comments:

  1. I sit way too much. I would like a desk where I can be on a treadmill. I know you laugh but I am at my desk for 8-9 hrs. I take breaks to walk my dog, not because she has to go out or wants to walk, because I need to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I know what you mean! It would be awesome if I had the lift on my desk at work so that I could work standing up when I want to.

      Delete
  2. Once again I look at what you're up to and say, 'this is why I wouldn't want to go to any sort of school'.

    But my employer is set on making sure we all get our degree in ECE, so that's a thing. But I can sit here in front of the computer in my underwear if I want to (I don't) and do the classes without human interaction.

    Glad you made it through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter texted me a photo of herself in front of what I'm assuming was a triple frozen margarita in a giant bowl five minutes after her last grad exam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, I would do that too, but although I've thought about it, I'm not sure I will continue on to grad school. Maybe it's like having a baby ~ you have to wait a year or two to decide if I want to get on that hamster wheel.

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...