April 16, 2020

Looking toward toward the future........



There's been a lot of discussion about "normal life" on social media, the radio, etc.  First of all, prior to the pandemic I'm not sure normal is a good descriptive word.  Chaotic.  Self centered.  Lacking in empathy.  Those are just a few that popped into my head.  When we are allowed ~ and there is some question about when this will happen ~ to resume our established routines, will we return to what we were before?  Will people be more appreciative?  Maybe.  For awhile.  All you have to do is look back in history to know that when disasters like this one happen, how long do the lessons last?  9/11. Katrina.  Ebola (which is still lingering on).  Aids.

Sure, we think of them now and again.  I don't know if it's just the USA that is guilty of this, but I've noticed that our memories are deficiently short.  Depending on the severity of the disaster, it might last a little longer.  Most of all I hope we all remember to be thankful for all the things that we are finding difficult right now.....attending church services, buying toilet paper at the store, being able to find anti-microbial wipes.  Gratefulness.  I certainly hope that will be a new "normal" when we aren't forced to be at home all the time.

Take care of yourselves and each other.....

Love, 365


1 comment:

  1. It would be great if there was a paradigm shift in people's attitudes but I don't see it happening. I want it to happen desperately but if things do get back to normal then it will not be long before the divisiveness and pettiness return. But I want to be proven wrong.

    ReplyDelete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...