April 23, 2020

Teary, snotty, frustrated rant............

This is sadly so true that it pains me to even post it.....

In the past two days I have made over 200 calls to NM unemployment office.  I imagine that before I finally give up for the day, it will be around 400.  I never get to anyone.  After I call I hear the "greeting" in both English and Spanish, press 1 for English, press 1 to verify one thing,  then press 3 to verify another thing, then enter my SS# and wait for the system to repeat the number, then press 1 to agree I put in the right number and after that is the "all of our customer service agents are currently helping other customers...please try your call again later".  Going online doesn't help, I need a live, actual person.  

I spoke to someone on Tuesday, and she said she looked over my claim and didn't see any reason why I shouldn't be receiving my weekly payments.  "Why don't you wait until Thursday and if you don't get it?".  I asked her to transfer me to her supervisor so that I wouldn't have to call again, but eventually I was disconnected.   

I get that they are overwhelmed.  There were thousands of claims entered this week  across the U.S.  Even here in New Mexico, where the population is low (because there aren't many jobs here) there were probably a lot of new claims this week.  So I know, but it does not help when you are desperately trying to reach them to clear up whatever fracking  problem there is, it is demoralizing.  I feel like I don't matter.  Even though I realize there's no one sending me to the "try your call again later" message, that it is all the system trying to handle all the calls, I just want to scream and cry.  

I suspect the woman who answered my call on Tuesday didn't actually look at my claim.  Perhaps she was taking over for someone who needed to go to the restroom.  

Right now I can envision all of the workers gathered in the break room having a needed cup of coffee, and a stale donut because they probably didn't have lunch.  And despite the compassion I have for them in their current position, I certainly hope they act compassionately to those that are lucky enough to get through, who are probably yelling, screaming and probably crying as well, because this system is hopelessly broken.  

Love, 365

4 comments:

  1. These days most systems at least put you on hold, calling back never gets you to the front of the queue. Some systems even will call you when your turn has been reached. Having to keep calling has to be ridiculously frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here we are, Friday morning. I have been calling since 7:58 am. It's now 8:44 am and I haven't gotten through yet. I don't anticipate getting through at all. It's just a matter of setting a time limit on my efforts. Do I try until 9? 10? Until I break down and cry (already too late for that). I do have a hearing on May 5th. Perhaps I should just wait until then.

      Delete
  2. I am so damn sorry. I know how frustrating this is. I can't get unemployment because I own my own business I am not technically an employee they say. Only do all the work but whatever. I also went through the same thing you are with unemployment for my SBA money. I will never see that either. And of course the stimulus I'm not getting. I am a small business who is getting screwed while the big companies got all the SBA money. It's called Small Business Admin. Why the hell does Chiptole or Popeyes get all the money? I spent days and hours on the phone only to be disconnected. I have filled out forms upon forms and given them all the docs they asked for and my blood. I won't ever see a lick I am pretty sure of it. My name is not trump and I am not wealthy. So I am forgotten and left to lose it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard on the news that large corporations have been on the receiving end of the first round of stimulus....how typical. It really pissed me off to hear it. Now they are saying there will be a second round of loans offered that will not be available to these large companies.....shame on them for not making sure the money went where it was really needed in the first place.

    ReplyDelete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...