April 17, 2020

I'm always up for a challenge..........

He is so adorable....

I had originally planned to travel to visit family and this cute little guy in March....but you all know what happened.  As my work hours were reduced from 34 to 8, I had to decide how much of my paid time off to take ~ or not to take.  One of my co-workers took all or most of her PTO and now is fully on unemployment.  Which I thought about doing.  I let my family know that I will likely use all my time off while waiting for the pandemic restrictions to ease or be lifted, and probably wouldn't be able to come this year.  

In the meantime, I finally had my unemployment claim filed successfully ~ oh my how difficult they make it to file online.  And forget calling......it is forever busy, and even if you finally get the answering system it will tell you at the end that you must call back.  I filed for a back-dated claim, and they're actually going to send it to a hearing on 5/5 at 2:15pm.  If I don't call then, the hearing will be cancelled.  Ah, well.  If they approve the back dated claim it will mean more unemployment money, and if they don't I will just move on.  I have only used two days of paid time off, and still have quite a bit I haven't used yet.  I will wait until next Tuesday to decide if I'm going to use some of it or not.  

So, maybe I will be able to go later this year, although I am not excited about flying these days.  

Take care, and check on your friends and neighbors, y'all!

Love, 365

6 comments:

  1. Even if restrictions were lifted tomorrow you couldn't get me on an airplane for a long long time. That baby is so damn cute Yvonne. Oh my goodness, makes my ovaries hurt. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, your poor ovaries :-D Even his parents are totally enchanted....not only is he cute in the extreme, he is very mellow (his Dad's description) and quick to smile. It makes my heart hurt to be so far away!

      Delete
  2. Trudging through paperwork and delays, it is like walking in molasses.

    Oh, that sweetheart! Needs lots of kisses and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, lots and lots. Even if I go for a week, I have other family members I must see, and a couple of days will hardly be enough!!

      Delete
  3. He is pretty adorable. Good luck with the claim. Hope it works out in the best way possible for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be what it will. When it comes to government situations, I put as much effort into it that I want to (which is considerable) and then let it go......
      Yep, that kid devastatingly cute.

      Delete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...