April 2, 2020

Social aloofness.........

Shiprock, New Mexico.....

Today I took my walk early ~ I left the house at about 8:10 am or so.  Now, I am not a "morning exerciser".  I prefer late morning and later.  But the parks and walking paths around here are becoming too crowded.  So this morning I left early to avoid the crowds, which isn't like Chicago or New York by any means.  But, if you recall, Romeo counted over 100 people on his walk on Monday, which is about 70-80 more than he normally encounters.  

Luckily, it was chilly but the sun was shining.  The walk was so pleasant.  I am now, at least during the corona virus self-isolation/distancing issue, getting out before 8:30.  

Yesterday I didn't walk, and honestly I felt a bit depressed ~ probably because I did way too much sitting.  So, I'm going to make myself get out early with one caveat...if it's windy I will walk indoors on my stupid, boring, annoying treadmill.  I'll tell you, although I'm grateful to still have it, I really don't enjoy it that much.  

I also took a chance and went to the grocery store to pick up a few things.  To my great surprise, I found bread flour and regular flour, milk, eggs, etc.  Now I have plenty of bread flour, which I was getting low on.  Since I bake all of the bread we eat, it's no bueño to not have bread flour.  And Romeo bought white, bleached, "fortified" flour, which is total crap....well, at least to a baker it's crap.  Yesterday he made a white cake and I told him to use the flour HE bought, but did he?  No.  Ugh, on some things we're driving ourselves crazy.  It doesn't help that he is losing his hearing.  Every time I say something he always asks me to repeat it.  I guess now I will walk right up to him before I say anything.  ARGHHHHHH, he needs to get his hearing checked, but knowing the man like I do, he probably won't consistently wear his hearing aids (you know, the ones I'm sure they are going to recommend).  

Well, that's enough bitching for today, right?  Well, except for this:

From #Shitology:

After all the stupid things that
I've done in my life, if I die
because I touched my face, 
I am going to be pissed.

Stay safe, stay home ~ don't forget to check on your friends and neighbors!

Love, 365 

8 comments:

  1. When I was in the sixth grade, one night our phone rang. My dad answered it.
    "Hello?"
    pause
    "What?"
    pause
    A little louder, "HUH?"
    pause
    Then at a much higher volume, "WHAT?!?"
    pause again
    Then, much more subdued, "Oh. No. No, I don't need a hearing aid. Please don't call me with sales calls again!"
    True story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, love that! Sounds just like what Romeo would say. I love him, but honestly, all this togetherness is a bit wearying.

      Delete
  2. Mrs. C says my hearing is shot. I decided it is better to agree than let her know I just don't listen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite professor ~ who wore hearing aids in both ears ~ would turn them off when he was working in his favorite coffee shop. I remember grabbing his attention, and he told me to hold on while he turned them on, and I thought ~ if I had them, there would be times I would turn them off too, just for a bit of peace and quiet.

      Delete
  3. I went for a run outside today and it definitely changed my mood. Since the gyms are closed, I have been working out at home and it just isn't the same. I wonder if the neighbors will think I am weirdo if I start lifting weights in the driveway? Take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say go for it ~ you might start a trend! Happy running!

      Delete
  4. Love the little poem from Shitology. Must pass that on.
    We have a treadmill too and rarely use it. It is raining today so it is on my mind, but then so is my knitting and a good film on tv.
    You just have to enjoy yourself these days, whichever way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we are responsible for our own happiness.....I am making Greek Easter Bread today ~ just sort of practicing. The first loaves were.....OK. I'm trying a new recipe today. Really, I need to find something to do besides baking!

      Delete

Spring has sprung, let the gardening begin....

  This show of blooms was just the beginning! Of course they smell amazing, and all the pollinators think so too. Windows and back door open...