April 20, 2020

Vacation ~ from work.......

And they always say: Allergies!!!

YES!!!

It's hard to believe, but it's been almost 5 weeks since I've worked a full week.  Because we have 4 front desk staff, we split it up, so 2 of us work Mon/Tues and then the other two work Wed/Thurs.  Although I would prefer life to go back to our regularly scheduled routines, I find myself enjoying some of this time off.  So far I've not used more than 2 days of paid time off, so I have plenty (for now) for visiting family later this year.  Well, of course that assumes that there is improvement and they lift the travel ban.  I wish I had a crystal ball, because I'm only allowed to keep 2 paid days off into the next year.  If I don't have the opportunity to go out of state, I will have to use it somehow or lose it.  And that's not happening.  

Good news though, I received my first two weeks of unemployment money this morning.  Unless something changes, I just certify each week.   On May 5th I have the hearing about back dating my claim, so if that goes through, I'll receive that as well.  So, I paid my utility bills and other essentials.  Luckily my bank will give me 2 months deferment on my car payment, and they've reduced our auto insurance too.  Apparently there has been a reduction in car accidents since we aren't on the road ~ much.  Our traffic remains steady, but not like it would be if school's were open and people that can work from home.  I wish I could work from home.  Every time I go to work, I become paranoid, and wash my hands so much that I quit wearing rings.

This morning on the news they were discussing whether or not we need to disinfect our groceries, implying we really don't need to.  I will probably continue doing it, although I find it a giant pain in the butt.  

Take care of yourselves, and check on your friends and neighbors!

Love, 365


6 comments:

  1. Wash you hands? I'd shower every hour if I was working there. Stay safe.

    Around here people won't shut there turn signals off. I guess they can't hear that click click thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my husband's Civic, the turn signal sound is really loud, but not so in my Rav.

      Yeah, I work tomorrow, but I'm not sure we have any patients scheduled ~ will just have to see when I go in.

      Delete
  2. That first meme reminds me of myself when Rick coughs. I panic. This morning he said, "just my allergies, not covid" We are livin' the dream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, everyone in the office yells out "It's just my allergies!!"...sometimes funny, other times induces everyone to whip out a microbial wipe and frantically wipe down everything.....

      Delete
  3. I like that meme about the turn signals. Funny stuff. I am now turning into the guy who forgets to turn off his blinker. With my podcasts up way too loud and not hearing as well as I once did, I don't catch that turn signal sound as quick as I used to. Glad you are getting your unemployment benefits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose that not using (or leaving them on long after, haha) is an issue no matter where you live.....in Albuquerque most people seem to think that everyone has ESP and so, knows where that car in front is going. Signal not necessary :-)

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...